GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably the last one this year/"season".

meeting, as usual, in top car park at The Angel Pub, opposite Angel of the North, 11:30 for 12:00 - meet, lunch and a run out (if it's not peeing down:D ).

Everyone welcome, post if you need directions:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
12,633 Posts
maybe:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
77 Posts
should definately make this one - although may be gate crashing in an intresting (but non Skyline) set of wheels......

Andy

·
Registered
97 Posts
i'll be there 2 last of the year so hope its a nice day see you all soon

anyone from yorkshire ill be at ferrybridge services at 9.00

cheers paul

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Looks good for the weather, and so far "her indoors" does not have any other plans :rolleyes: so it looks good for me and my son making a "last of the season" long day out :wavey: We'll be coming down from Edinburgh.

I pass the Angel of the North a number of times a year, but if anyone could post directions to the pub I'd be most gratefull.

Anthony: Hi mate :wavey: been sending you PM's

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Both my cars are in storage! Looks like i can't make it.
Stop showing off - Both my cars..:lamer: ;)

Get Shak to bring you:p

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I pass the Angel of the North a number of times a year, but if anyone could post directions to the pub I'd be most gratefull.

Ian
Hi Ian, Good to see that your poping down.:smokin:

The pub is easy to find mate. Heading south on the A1, you should take the exit as you pass the Angle, heading up the hill. This takes around and underneath the A1. Get into the middle lane at the juction. Take the second exit off the roundabout, first left then the first right into the back of the pubs car park.

See you on Sunday.

Stop showing off - Both my cars..:lamer: ;)

Get Shak to bring you:p
That's no good...........................his is in storage as well!!:flame: :chuckle:

Andy.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
A grand day out

Hi Folks,

That was a good blast .... :thumbsup: .... and I just could not resist posting this :chuckle:

One of the rarest pictures I'll (well, my son) will ever take .... Andy in my rear view mirror :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Did not last for long though :)

It was good to meet you all, I'll post some other pics on the gallery later this week.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Thanks for the pics guys.:)

Not a bad little run out.:smokin: The sprint back was good!!:chuckle: Went a slightly different way on the way back and found some VERY fast stright roads.:chuckle: :chuckle:

Same we didn't actually get to Carter Bar, Dave rang me needing a pee! so we stopped at the garage/cafe, about 5 miles short.:squintdan

Hope the run back to Scotland was OK for you all.

Andy.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Hope the run back to Scotland was OK for you all. Andy.
A thoroughly grand day out, my son and I really enjoyed it. Our journey back to Edinburgh was not too bad either :smokin: We made it home before it got totally dark and even had time to give the car a wash and dry before it was put to bed.

And if some of you remember a thread I started on miles per gallon (oh yes, I am that sad :chuckle: ) here are Sunday's figures ....

Edinburgh to Jedburgh : 18.5 mpg
Jedburgh to the filling station in Morpeth (I think that's where it was) : 19.7 mpg
The run out and home to Edinburgh : 16.0 mpg

Not bad considering my worse record is 13.7 mpg :eek:

Been playing around with the photos I took, here's one I just "completed" ....

Thanks again folks for a grand day out !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts