GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project Thread 1989 R32
I thought I would start a little project thread just to inspire some owners into either buying a GTR or starting their own thread.

I have had a few Jap turbo cars in the Past GT4’s , Subarus and another R32 some time ago so I know my way around the little idiosyncrasies of some engines and the upgrade paths.

The intention was to have a usable road car without having an unlimited budget.

After looking for a while I decided to go for an early GTR that came up locally. The prerequisite of the engine having a rebuild had been met along with the “Good” gearbox.

The condition of the car is very good with only the rear tinted window not being to my taste.

It was always my intention to upgrade the GTR to its potential, but as I have said was not after a track monster or unusable road car. Technology has moved on now in the GTR world and with the new ECU’s available at a reasonable price I set about putting together my shopping list.

Firstly the car has one my favourite style of wheels and although they are slightly bigger 18” that I prefer it gave me the idea to upgrade the brake system to the R35 set-up.

Shopping list :-
700cc Injectors
-5 Turbo’s
R34 Elbows
Link G4 ECU
Adjustable HKS pulleys
HKS Cam belt
Wideband O2 sensor
Large fuel pump
Single Plate Nismo clutch
Nismo Suspension Arms (Front/Rear)
Nismo Uprated Bushes
Trust Extended Sump
R35 Brakes and Discs + fitting Kit

Some of the parts I have but won’t be fitted until later Brakes , Nismo Arms due to time constraints

More shopping to come will be :-

New induction pipe kit and MAF delete
Intake temp adapter
Nismo “S” Suspension (If I can find a good set)
Crank trigger system
4x4 control unit (Haven’t decided yet what one)
“V” Cam (If I get the chance)
Cams
The best rubber I can afford for the 18” wheels

The future :-
Forged 2.8 with head work
Twin Plate Clutch
Most of the work is being done at the GTR Shop.
I hope to do more of my own work, but 80% of the time I am out of the country this year, so it’s a work in progress for when I return.

·
Registered
252 Posts
A very nice example of an R32 you have there... does look fantastic on the Rota GTRs.
Remember seeing Dave's advert last month for this.

Out of interest, are you actually from Paisley? :p

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi , no not from Paisley, it's just a family connection. Lots of work to get it finished , but when it's done should be the way I like it. I still have my subaru project too.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I am in Newcastle, have been to a couple of meets at the angel, but it's been a while. I used to have a silver R32. I remember 1 meet and someone took a few photos of my 1993 silver R32 . So if anyone has a copy of the photos I would love them as lost all of mine.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
I work at Northumbria Uni, I'll make sure to keep my eyes out for this! Ever see a white DC5 you know it's me

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-5 Tubs fitted
Link ECU
Wideband
R34 Elbows
New downpipe
Nismo Clutch
Upgraded fuel pump
550cc injectors
--

R35 brakes and brackets , nismo arms waiting to go on and S-Tune suspension in transit to uk to.

Its getting there !!

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this project some interesting upgrades.

When are you going to fit your R35 brakes this is long over due ;)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will be a while as I have put the car in storage. Thinking about selling my RX8 to fund another project to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts