GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

After the successfull meet at Grasshopper 2 weeks ago, many said they would like to meet up in N London some point soon.

So, any provisional dates? What's good for you?
Also, I was going to suggest doing this pretty soon. No point hanging about for the next 2 months waiting for someone to arrange it.

So how about Saturday 12th January?

Also, I know a couple of great pubs with relatively large car parks, but it won't be good driving roads. Let me know what you all think.

Cheers,

Cem

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Food

Mmmmmm not too bothered about the driving roads considering the state of them at the moment but the meet and food sounds GOOD.

Nice one Cem.

glen

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Cem,

Sounds good. Just to let you know that is also the weekend of the Autosport Show at NEC, Birmingham.

John

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Fine by me...but!

Just one problem, that w/e is the Autosport 2002 at the NEC and I was going to go up there, a few others were from the board to.

...Ian

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Meeting

Sounds good Jem.

However it seems afew people are going to the NEC to this car show.

Why don't we all meet up somewhere,say on an M1 Juctn. or somewhere else for I am not too farmiliar with the routes,and ALL go to the Autosport show together instead?

I wouldn't mind going there.

If not lets meet the following week!:D

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
NEC

I think theirs been a bit of a warning in an earlier post Paul re the thieving low lifes who frequent the NEC car park/s.

glen

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
OK

Why do you think our cars are more at risk ther than anywhere else?
Say Lakeside multi story car parks etc..?

:confused:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Because

They know they have a show where many, many nice motors will all be at the same time nicely paraded and well out of view of the owners. Also the car-parks are so spread/secluded it makes for easy pickings for the w*****s.

Unlike Lakeside where you would be very, very unlucky to have your car half-inched as you aren't a permanent fixture/visitor and HOPEFULLY don't park in the same place everytime you go.

I also vary my journeys/routes wherever possible and keep an eye in my mirror incase of being followed and if so 'just do a u-turn and see'.

Am i paranoid :eek: .

glen

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glen,

NEC is notorious for it's theft during motor events, such as the Motor Show and Autosport.

One Motor Show sticks to mind a few years ago when a total of 5 Imprezas were stolen. That last Impreza had it's owner watch it being driven through the barriers. :(

Your'e right about perhaps postpone it till the next week.

I'll go to NEC with you guys, maybe we could hire one of them vans? Be fun if anything, we could all share the cost too.

Cem

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Autosport

Paul,

Lat year several high value cars got lifted from outside Autosport 2001. Because they know you are going to be away for a long while they can ake their time and find a car in a quiet part of the car park. Parking at a shopping centre is a bit more hit and miss as they don't know when you're coming back or how long you've been.

As a better suggestion - why not do Autosport 2002 by train, then there's always rooom for a few jars of what does you good on the way back.:) :) :)

John

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yep or Train?

Train from Euston to Birmingham International 8.25 train get u there at 10.07. Just walk straight in.

Pre nbook the tickets (£11) so no queuing.

How does that sound?

Blimey we could even have a few beers!! Now that would be novel !!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
NEC.

Glen is right guys. Keep the GTRs away from the NEC as it is a KNOWN venue for tea leaving the cars. Rumour has it some of the attendants are in on it and it only takes a phone call and bye bye mr GTR.
Someone even pinched a New VR4 Turbo off the stand near the end of the show.
A few GTiRs were nicked last year as were Evos and Scoobys.
What a bunch of pyckies.

Nick

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Tea Leaves

OK .Point made fellas.
I'll just have to take the wife's Spacewagon.

5 spaces available.Any takers?

I HATE trains!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Paul,

I'm not a great fan of trains either. Depending on numbers then your car may already be full!:D

I'll get Joss to change the other thread to reflect the option of taking a fleet of cars.

John

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Cem's Thead

Sorry Cem ,

It looks like we have taken over your thread with this Autosport exhibition!

How about arranging the meet for saturday the 19th ?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Sorry

Yeah, sorry about that Cem. Over to you with regard the North London meeting. What venues had you in mind?

John

·
Registered
758 Posts
NEC Autosport Show

Three of us went to the Autosport show at the NEC last year.. My Skyline, a brand new Scooby and a GT4. no problem with the car park. However, a brand new Evo for display was nicked from under the noses of the security guards minutes after being rolled off the transporter.
Going by train for the trade day Friday.. but only because we are off to Amsterdam Friday afternoon from Birmingham Airport.

Vincenzo

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heh

No problem all, I am happy to discuss Autosport because it certainly sounds like a better proposition on that day.

Cem

1 - 20 of 153 Posts