GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A motley band of us in late 2009 under Zed Ed's leadership took a squadron of R35's to Anglesey and the excellent roads of North Wales in some of the worst rain imaginable!

Well, we are doing it again and it would be great to see others there.

Schedule:

Stay at Groes Inn www.groesinn.com on the Friday & Saturday night (19/20)

Saturday - track day at Anglesey Coastal circuit (last time we drove both National & Coastal). Bookings through Bookatrack Loading... and open pit lane sessions with very helpful instructors on hand should you want it.

Sunday morning - an early-ish start to explore a number of truly fantastic roads - some of the best the UK has.

If you are interested please book directly.

Confirmed and Booked currently:

1. SurreyumsGTR
2. Charles_Charlie

It would be great to see some of the crew from last time there again!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
An absolutely fantastic weekend folks, so make the effort and you will not be disappointed.

The Groes Inn is an absolute peach, great beer and food, top draw rooms.

Anglesey track is a superb. Wide smooth tarmac with plenty of run off combined with a nice selection of corners etc.

Then there's Sunday. Breathtaking scenery combined with the best roads I have ever driven.

The great news is that February will be quiet and we'll have the roads very much to ourselves for most of Sunday morning.

So come on guys, what are you waiting for?

I will also bring along some laser guns for folks to test their "parking sensors"....

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I will deffo make another appearance, if only to add a bit of much needed colour to the photos. :p

1. SurreyumsGTR
2. Charles_Charlie
3. Sin

Not sure what days yet, but would love to do the track this time. Will let u know as soon as.

Come on people, esp those in the NW. If you dont fancy the track, do what i did last time and just meet up for the drive around N.Wales, you will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Good on ya Phil!

Get yourself on that track.... :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Are you welcoming non-R35 owners?
Being local, it would be great to meet up and watch a few of you round the circuit.

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
The more, the very merrier!

Last time at Anglesey there was a laid back attitude to spectators so pop down for a cup of char and a chinwag!

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Being local, it would be great to meet up and watch a few of you round the circuit.

Brian
Brian, if i do the track, your welcome to a passenger ride m8. Just make sure your all your life insurance policies are upto date. ;)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The GTROC in association with the MLR and SIDC have booked Anglesey for March 26th (Friday). It's exclusively for our use has ARDS instruction, on site tyre support, photographers and is an open pit lane with a 100dB rating. I've asked SurreyUMSGTR if he will organise a weekend trip around this event so track day Friday and then a weekend in the area driving some of the best roads. We may even arrange accomodation for Thursday night to make it a bit more relaxed :)

The charge for the track day all inclusive is £149 for GTROC members and £179 for non-members
non members sign up here
GTROC members sign up here
but if it's your first ever track day and you're a GTROC member then it's only £109 for everything, inclouding extra RADS instruction if you want. Details of the introductory deal here

Hopefully we can get a couple of weekends going :)

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Definitely interested... all I need now is to find out when I'm working in country and when I am out for 2010. Thinking of rebelling a bit at work and putting some track days first in my life... got a loose pencilled-in overseas deployment staring sometime in March... but that can slip. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Theres not a cat in hells chance youll catch me in N/wales last time i was out there i got done for speeding cos i cant read welsh road signs and i missed the speed limit change:chairshot:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Can't make it this time round but can totally recommend it!:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Theres not a cat in hells chance youll catch me in N/wales last time i was out there i got done for speeding cos i cant read welsh road signs and i missed the speed limit change:chairshot:chuckle:
I didn't know Welsh numbers were different to English ones!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Come on - you know you want to get on track! At least there are no dry-stone walls scarily close on the circuit! Good to see you again!

I will deffo make another appearance, if only to add a bit of much needed colour to the photos. :p

1. SurreyumsGTR
2. Charles_Charlie
3. Sin

Not sure what days yet, but would love to do the track this time. Will let u know as soon as.

Come on people, esp those in the NW. If you dont fancy the track, do what i did last time and just meet up for the drive around N.Wales, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Brian
Echo CC - more the merrier - you're welcome to have a passenger lap - better still - get your Beast out there!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I'll be dobbing out free R35 wiper replacements to the first 6 to book, if it is wetter than last time.:chuckle:

Z Ed

1 - 20 of 128 Posts