GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many thanks to all who helped organise this - and the ever friendly GTROC members

A queue is forming. But why?..........

Oh dear...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Mookitro isnt the only usual car to join us

but it wasnt all bad news for Mook. If you are going to have a wheel fall off then do it 10 mins before the end of the session.

I hope things are looking better, fella, and you got home OK

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I've seen Suzi look better - but hey - it was an early start for all of us.

You might think about trimming the beard Suze - Its getting a bit obvious

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Haha fair play to malc in the passat!

some good driving by sam today!

Haha i love the one of mo, i think it just needs tweenies quote next to it 'you didnt drive it hard enough'

:D

These are the only pics i got: (was too busy spinning apparently! LOL )

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel guilty now. So here is your baby.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have some spins as photos converted into wmv files. Can anyone help with how to get this on here whilst we await the quality movies?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Mookitro's new use... :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Great day chaps!!!:clap:

Best day i've had at north weald!!

Great to meet you all:thumbsup:

Dave (form Worcs) - sorry for calling you Rob:eek:

Rob (Rbentley) - nice pics!! Love the mookitro coverage:D afraid i can't help with vid stuff..

Giles - thanks for the spin in that theme park attraction of yours! It's without doubt the most insane thing i've ever been in:thumbsup:

Mo - your a diamond! - i've got a vid of your 'commentry' when i'm going round - very funny:D Very quick car you have too!

G4Otee - thanks mate;)

Malc, well done for organiing and for spanking your Passat round all day - very good:clap:

Looking forward to the vids.

Cheers all,

Sam

·
Registered
627 Posts
A thanks from me as well Malc for the organising. First time i've done North Weald and a good fun day and a good bunch of guys....and gals!! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
31,748 Posts
Thanks for organinsing it malc and thanks for a great day guys

I had a great day depsite the end. Mookitro was feeling pretty tired, kept popping out of gear and there seemed to be a lot of play in the front left wheel bearing

BUT, She still came second on the high speed bend exercise and more than held my own on the handling circuits. well chuffed.

then the wheel fell off. Seems the aforenmentioned bearing, erm, failed, and the driveshaft snapped as a result. still, betted to have happened in that safe environment than at Cadwell or somewhere.

Emma from car limits waited with me for the AA, who were due to arrive at 6.20. She nipped off a 6 pm and wish Mookitro all the best for the future and i waited alone. then, when the AA guy arrived, he was in a ****ing transit and immediatly said he couldn't tow me and i needed a low loader.

so, he ordered one, and i again waited. The airfield shuts at 7, and the flat bed was due at 735, so the security gave me the code to the gate to let the AA in after theyd gone home. Then, while i waited, they took me for for a guided tour around the airfiled. lol

At 7, i was alone again, and just wandered about until 7.40, low loader arrived...

and said "I can't take that!!"

I was pissed, of course he couldn't take it, how was he supposed to "tow" it onto the low loader with only 3 wheels!. He said dickhead in the transit should have called for a lifter flatbed.

still, all credit to him, using the trolly jack as a third wheel, we got it onto, and off of his low loader. proper diamond!! before he left, he told me to get "her" fixed up and back on the road, and to look after her.

Everyone loves Mookitro!!!

So,, all in all, a long, but brilliant day!

thanks all

mook

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unbelieveable! I can remember the conversation we had about the AA turning up and THEN having to rearrange for a low loader - and how that would be ridiculous.

git-r: Lovely driving Sam. I have some other shots but dont really show the direction the car was going regardless of where the front was pointing - Ha Ha.

Mook: You have no idea how thrilled I was to beat you on the second circuit. Guess it was because my spoiler was set at "full w**ker" angle - which I believe is the industry term for the setting.
I do have to remind myself that you were in a 1.4 Metro - and Day VG humbled me in his R34 by taking well over a second off my time.
It would have been interesting to get the Evos on it though.

JohnMcQ: Very tidy car, amigo.

Eikitchi: Still no idea how to say this word - you only told me about 5 times during the day

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Anyone got any film of me doing the larger circuit - and by 'doing' I mean understeering my way desperately around it only to have the alarm activate the immobiliser half way through cos I forgot to shut it off!?

And I add my respect to Malc along with the others for really giving that Passat a work out. Superb!

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Sorry for delay people, I was out all day yesterday.

Great time as always despite the afternoon showers and two punctures. Was nice to see the usual crowd and meet a couple of new faces. For the money, these days really are a great hoot...nothing serious, just the chance to have a mess about in a safe environment :)

That first lap of the gymkana in the rain has got to be one of the funniest car moments of my life. Trying to drive a big HP drag car with positive rear camber and huge 19" tyres in the rain was "interesting" enough but even harder when you and your passenger (Mo) are literally crying with laughter...I think there was about 5 seconds of me actually being in control and being able to hold it in a straight line...just wish we'd stuck the camera mount inside and got it on vid !!!

I didn't get a chance to take many pics as I missed some of the action when I got stuck up the other end with a flat tyre but thanks to Sam & Mo for missing out on some of your time to help me out and bring me tools/loner wheel, true GTROC club spirit.

Thanks also to the TR Racing boys for swapping my wheels over at lunchtime.

I'll get cracking on encoding some video clips...

·
Registered
580 Posts
The DragR looks stunning with the new TE37's Giles! :thumbsup:

Bet you have a wicked time driving it on track? :cool:

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Thanks Jon. It needs to be lowered a touch and geometry set up yet which should also get them to sit right in the arches but yeah I think they look cool.

VOLK/RAYS stickers going on them as soon as the sun goes down a bit and I can get outside to give it a well deserved wash, too hot at the moment which makes a change for the UK.

Yeah it's a proper giggle to drive round places like this...it's really not built or set up for it and just wants to go sideways so you can't go chasing the lap times of some of the others but Mo and I found it hiralious ;)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts