GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Draggers and Posers and Normal People

They have a 'Test and Tune' on this date. Same as 'Run What Ya Brung' at Santa Pod. Not as grippy as Santa Pod, so i'm told, but none the less a day out again. Plenty of parking(concreted area) if we get their early. Must get their early if you want to run as last time they shut the entries at 200. Better check on that.

Home Page:

North Weald

See Ya.

T6KYO

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sunday

RGS

When you have paid at the entrance gate do an immediate right, tell 'em you are going to sign on or they might not let you, and I will be parked around that bit. It is the end of the runway.

Am going to get their for about 09.00-09.30 which you will have to do to get signed on if you are going to run.

See Ya Their.

Glen.

·
Registered
534 Posts
N.Weald

hmm .. looking at the thread's title, I'll take a wild stab at Sunday the 19th of August ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
N/Weald

Just to fill you all in on Sunday.

My pal, who is an ardent Abbey customer as well, eventually got a couple of runs in Sunday when the rain stopped. He ran 11.8 in the damp and 11.6 when the track dried out better. Really good considering like me he is an ex biker and we need to get our launches sorted out.

I didn't run due to needing more boost (.7 is just not enough, but as Abbey are so busy will have to wait my turn) so am looking forward to us getting side by side on a strip soon. Hopefully this year.

Have we got any timing equipment coming for the Track-Day ??

See Ya.

Glen.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speed Thingy

Guy

Is this the one we are all 'chipping' in for? Are we going to be able to use it as Peter mentioned that spectators may not be allowed to pay and run on the straight. Mind you I may have got that wrong becuse he did mention about planes still taking off/landing. Now that would make a good video ?

Also how much is the next dyno-day and i'll pay up when we meet next week.

Glen.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
That sounds about right to me Guy.

There may be some surplus funds available to contribute towards the AP22 but I won't know that until the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts