GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I will be there so hope to see you all there

Will be good to catch up spuds?. How's the motor and the missus? You still got me mobile??

tj come and find us there and I will take you out for a spin if you like.. Send me a pm and your number.

NLW

·
Registered
466 Posts
might do :)

if i can get the missis to get me out the kids party i'm there!!

what time do you have to get there to run??

d

·
Registered
466 Posts
nick

Can we run our own cars and is there room to park ??

cheers

d
ps. what time u getting there

·
Registered
381 Posts
i'll be showing my car on one of the stands and having a go at the 1/4 i gotta be there for 9.30.

if you see some lanky git in a corsa come and say hi lol

·
Registered
466 Posts
hey

Hi matt,

How do i get the skyline on one of the stands???

surely someone would like a r34 gtr in BB with oz race wheels??

d

·
Registered
381 Posts
just spoke to them they got a place on the stand but no more free tickets :(

if you wanna go on it you have to get there for 9.30

matt

·
Registered
466 Posts
great!!

Hows stand would i go go and what does it mean :)

give us a call !

have pm'ed u my number

d

·
Registered
466 Posts
opps

whos stand??

what do i need to do and can i do some runs??

d

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
See you up their today guys and gals

Ronnie and myself have been invited onto the 'Fast Car' stand so hope to see a few of you today :) .

Will be good to have Skylines on the stand as they've (UK Mags)never been predominantly Jap and now after Ten of the Best more of 'em are starting to take notice of us :smokin: .

glen

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Good stuff.

I think fast car do generally make more of an effort for Jap stuff than the other ones. We all know Steve is a big fan of Jap cars (which is why he's on JapUKMeets), but also alot of the other guys at the mag are apparently looking to change their motors for Jap cars (one wants a scoob, one wants a Civic, one has a GTI-R, etc).

Obviously they have to cater for a wide "audience", but i do think they make an effort to get some Jap stuff in there too...

Hope to hear all about the day later.
Daz

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Pics from this day

OK, someone coulda told me the chev won before as I just spent ages since getting home putting the pics and small write up on my site...

Oh well keep it a secret :D

I was pleased to run 5.51 in my standard Pulsar, beating some Evos and Supras etc :)

Wont be standard too long though, as my exhaust let go on the way home and I now sound like a big boosting Porsche. Its pretty crap though.

Anyway - Ive loaded up pics, but my ISP is being sooo slow so you might not be able to get to them just now.

http://www.pulsatingstar.dsl.pipex.com/

Cheers
Lee

PS, if anyone is in the pics and wants a copy, please PM or mail me as I have larger better quality ones.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Interesting point about the Chevy

He actually went home half way through the day to get some slicks.

We was told he went home to sort his Nitrous out. The Chevy was running 3.4's on treaded tyres, where Ronnie was running 3.05-3.10's, but when the Chevy came back running slicks he achieved 2.47 which won the day.

Not in the spirit of things but we must bear in mind that the people running the timing are North Weald Drag people (and they told him to go home and put slicks on to beat the Jap car ;) .)

Just thought you may have all been interested :) .

See Ya.

glen

ps. Must say though the 2.47 is awesome :smokin:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
2.47 awesome yes, but it shows warmed slicks are worth a second. My very unscientific conclusion is that if Ronnie also used slicks, then thats also a second off. Maybe more as he would have slicks working on all 4 driven wheels, and not just 2.

This means he could have done 2.05, and with a little work got his 0-60 time into the 1 somethings :D

Lee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts