GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had a great day.

Was good to meet some people from here, although I now realise that maybe opening up your convoy to skylines isnt such a good idea!

The pace was not just hard to live with, I couldnt do it altogether!

Quite a lot of skylines running, including a few in the 11's but ill leave people to state their individual times.

I got 13.9 secs in my standard Pulsar and to say im pleased with that is a big understatement! :)

Have added some pics etc to my site for those interested.

Click Here

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
73 Posts
Let down

Tigger
You could have made the effort.
I even combed my hair coz I thought U were comin:D
& Dirk brushed his burns too.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Midget goes down....

Its finally official, today I completely and utterly whiped the floor with the verticallly impared one.

I did 4 Runs in my R34 today, best time was 12.1secs 1/4mile ,118 terminal speed.

Great day, got a sun tanned, well, burnt face and had a generally all round good day.

Also ran my GTS for the first time ever, 13.6 at 111 terminal speed, would have been better if I could have stopped the rear wheels lighting up in first second and third, hehe, great fun.

Good to see the usual suspects again, God, Midget, Gren San, Warren, Ron RK, Ronnie, Tony, Shaun, slow 666 and enyone else who had the pleasure of seeing me today.

Good laugh, got to do it again soon...:smokin:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
fun, fun,fun

I had a very pleasant day too, put some more faces to names but sorry forgoten allready but thats me,
I achived my first personal best and ran 11.4 sec with t\s 127.8
and was in line for a special trophie until I acepted a challenge from ROCKET RONNIE big mistake cause he took the trophy home so a very well done to him and his rocket,
Skylines in fact all of them took the day and made a big impact,and everybody stuck together it was nice to see skylines racing with no problems at all everybody really enjoying themselves,cant wait until the next time 7 july I think,
also if any body reading this from NORTH WEILD thanks for a perfect day
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
sorry!!! had a late night and it was a long way to come on my own...shame!! but had my nice shiny exaust put on instead...thank u gary!:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
its a

Its a goodun isnt it tigger, glad you like it
regards
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
312 Posts
Times??

Hi Gary,

If you ran 11.4 in your car and were beaten by ROCKET RONNIE my wuestion is what time did he run!!:eek:

Also i will be down at the pod in late July with mine! if we could get a few other Skylines together that would be fantastic, also first time you guys will see my motor run in anger!!;)

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
My view of the run

Dear All

Please bear in mind that this kinda head to head has been waiting in the wings for sometime. A few of the Skyline owners had gone home and I've gotta say they missed a great specatacle.

Here's what I saw:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Gary and Ronnie had not run together all day, with Garys best of 11.4 and Ronnies best of 11.5, and the tension was building just right for a showdown. The NASC were awarding a trophy for the fastest street car and Gary already had his hands on it. He didn't have to run anymore and Ronnie had the time to do one more run before the day ended. Ronnie therefore walked over to Gary and challenged Gary for a head to head, as this was gonna be the best way to sort the day out. Of course Gary had said YES.

Their was still quite a large crowd at start line when the two of them lined up, no other cars were waiting to run, and after the first run you could taste the anticipation. The commentator was doing a brilliant job pumping up the event. All eyes were transfixed on the two Skylines. Gary and Ronnie crept towards the start, after a quick burst through the now drying burn out area, they staged in a gentlemany fashion. No psychology was being used, just a sense of get on with the job. The white lights on the top of the christmas tree lite-up like the start of a fuse. Both drivers, by now tense from their first run, were quickly upto launch revs. You couldn't hear the commentator above the noise of those leashed engines, and the crowd were totally transfixed. This was gonna be some race. The colours on the tree changed, they dropped slowly towards the magic green light. Both drivers were transfixed on these lights like they were being hypnotised. They weren't though, because as the Green light lit up they both simultaneously launched. From the start both cars struggled for traction. Not in the sense that they didn't go forward, far from it, they were twisting and sliding, left, then right, then left again, until they both had used first gear to its full. Then they hit second gear. The cars then seemed more stable as second to calm them down from the first frantic seconds, and the drivers settled in for the last 250 odd yards. Ronnie was nearly half a cars length in front of Gary by the time they were ready to hit third gear. Unfortunately at this point Gary slowed, third gear wasn't gonna take him any further as it refused to go in. It wasn't broken, it was just one of those things that happens from time to time and their is no understandable answer to it. Ronnie continued forward not allowing the engine to relax for one moment. He tripped the beams at the other end, completing the run in 11.05 seconds, and returned to collect the prize that Gary had so valiantly put up for grabs only 30 minutes earlier.

Both drivers completed the return to the collecting area at a comfortable pace allowing themselves to 'come down' from the event.

When they pulled up, side by side, in the collecting area they both had grins from ear to ear and were straight out of their cars to shake each others hands.

Ronnie had won the battle but the war has only just begun. In the nicest possible way :) :smokin: .

-----------------------------------------------------------

Something we should all perhaps take from this. All of us own something special and therefore are all part of something special whether its a GTS or a GTR in whatever guise.

Their ain't no Skyline Gods or Skyline Kings just hard working tuners and hard working owners.

Damn I sounded like Jerry Springer their.

glen

ps. if it sounds a bit dramatic, it was, and you had to be their. Roll on the next one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Excellent!

Glen, That sounded like such a good event, and only wish i could have been there! But me living so far north does not give me the oportunity to attend these events with my current workload!!:mad:

Am i right in thinking that Ronnie has a sequential box in his motor, sorry for being curious but as you know i am hoping to use mine for drag use as well, and have been told that the sequential box is good for 0.6 second reduction in the quarter...

Regards

Stu

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
hI sTU

Ronnie has the standard 5 speed box in his car at the mo. Abbey kindly stuck him one in on the quick so he could compete on Sunday :smokin: . The Holinger should be here shortly, hopefully :) .

.6 quicker with a sequential. Wow the Skyline dragging is gonna get really interesting.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
312 Posts
What!!

Hi Glen,

Therefore if the 5 speed was in it make the time Rnnie acheived even more impressive!!;)
I don't know whether his has a single like mine, but when i change gear it does take that fraction of a second for boost to come back which would be eliminated with the FULL POWER gear change that is made with a sequential...

As a straight comparison Ronnie is right in the middle of Keith and the JUN car with 11.04, the motor i think will be in the region of 650 bhp??

Regards

Stu

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
See it?, heard it

All I can remember is hearing :-

Warrrrrrrrrrr wa wa wa wa wuuuuuur, Warrrrrrrrrrrrr, Wuuuur........

Strip your box Gary, take out third gear and kill it with a 25lb sledgehammer then take it to the crushers, get it squashed and then to a iron shop and have it melted and made into a ashtray.

Thatll teach it, I'll go and buy a new hammer today just special...

Three personal bests on the day for me, Gary and Ronnie...The three amigos - but without sombreros..big grins though..

Those draggers at NW didnt know what hit em, ' yeh ive got a V8 dodge, drag box and clutch, wheels that are 3 feet wide, jacked up suspension, running NOS and a beard', what did you run then?, 14.5, yeh its fast... pffffffhhh.

Still, some good looking cars there today, real eye opener.

Just realised Gren San, your head was mega red, didnt stand behind the Thrust car did you when he turned the after burners on? cos i reckon thats what it would look like if you was to stand behind it... could have cooked an egg on your spam I bet.

Ive got ' holiday' white eyes today, beetroot noggin hurts..

Until next week.... roll on Panta Sod.....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah....until Santa Pod
It will be more like ...
Waaaaaarraaaaaaaaarraaaaaaaaaaarraaaaaaaaarraaaaaaaaa!

Reason being I will have the sequential of course!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hoi...who you calling lazy:D
Of course its cheating, all's fair in winning though.

Anyone who missed North Weald and anyone who did not....
Try to make it to Santa Pod on Saturday 22nd..weather permitting a fantastic day guaranteed.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Stu and Dirk

Stu.

Ronnie is running a T78 on his car. Its mapped using a PowerFC and starts producing 1 bar of boost from 3,500 rpm so the lag between gear changes isn't too bad, its just that gap between changing that hopefully should be eliminated.

Dirk.

My nose hurts more :D . Yeah was a top day mate. Shame Paul missed it.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very Good!

Glen,

That is a good spool up time for the big single and i am sure mine is well above that figure of 3,500 rpm..

I have a short shift kit on my 5 speed that will have to cope for now and hope it does not break like Rupert's etc...

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Gearbox

As you probably know Stu, Ronnies standard box went on the way to Germany. I think Rupert may have different internals in his.

glen

1 - 20 of 23 Posts