GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from the little get together we had last month in Garstang/Galgate, there has been quite a bit of interest and discussion in holding another meet in December.

For those who are interested this is the thread of the previous meet.

Proposed date is Sunday the 10th of December, either at the same locations or open to suggestions?

Feel free to make suggestions or comments and all are welcome.

The previous meet had a great relaxed atmosphere and was suitable for all the family.

Cheers,
Matt.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Count me in on the 10th. Going to a wedding do on the Friday night but should have recovered by Sunday lunch - unless I drink fermented horse urine - or do you only get that in Borat land? :puke: :chuckle:

How's the procedure writing going?

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, I don't have a Skyline but would still love to come along if thats ok? i'm in to my photography quite a bit so would like to come to take some pictures and to meet you guys. My Skyline is about 3 years away :( so would love to see your cars up close.

Just say yay or nay I won't be offended.

Cheers
Craig :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hi Careania,

If you're from Warrington why don't you get yourself to Mascrat Manor on Monday night - it's on your doorstep (M6 J21A). A few of us from Matts last meet should be going down + plenty of other Jap cars to take piccies of - albeit in the dark, never been before so don't know how well the car park is lit :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Andy,

I was thinking that earlier and it would take me 5mins to get there. Although I don't mind the travel even if I do have to drive my ZX there, see all these stunning cars then drive back with reality of 3 years hitting me rather hard :(

I wasn't too sure if i'd be welcome or not with not owning a Jap car of any sort? I try and mix the two hobbies together, photography and cars and getting to some of these meets would be cool for that. I also don't want to offend anyone as some people might not want me to take pictures of their cars...

I will give it some thought and I'll ask my mate if he wants to come so i've got some company that I know.

Hopefully, i'll see you there on Monday Andy?

Cheers
Craig :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I've never been before but I'm sure there won't be a problem if you haven't got a Jap car - it is a public place after all :D

Anyway, what kind of ZX do you drive, obviously not a Nissan 300 - so must be a Citroen? :confused: :)

We probably won't be there much before 7pm. Look out for this - you can't miss that wing! :eek:

Crap picture I know, but the only one I've got of the car in "current condition" - but you can sort that with your camera :smokin:

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds good Andy... and that is quite some wing! Will look you up when i get there...:)

yup, a Citroen ZX TD, looking to replace that with a Focus in June next year though

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Well if the time is right a few other people might be able to make it.

But there is a xmas meet that a few people will be going to in Wales Sat night, so if its in the afternoon myself and maybe a couple of others might make it.

As for a place, there is a nice pub (i think its called the Wiggin Tree) at the top of Parbold Hill. Thats within everybodies reach from what i can tell and the A and B roads arnt to bad, just look out for the speed cameras.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Matt, Andy, Graham, Mark et al......
Are we still on for 10th December ?
I just thought I would flag it up, as it's next weekend & it'll be here before we know it.

·
Registered
558 Posts
doh!!! its the s.o.c crimbo do in llandudno on the sat night,dont think i will be in a fit state to attend but you never know:puke:

·
Registered
691 Posts
alright up-northers,just spotted the post for north-west meet no.2.Is it goin to be at the same place this time?or has anyone any more suggestions.I know of the pub that pervert was talking about the wiggen tree,but it gets packed on a sunday.Also spoke to graham last week and he was havin trouble with his net connection,so he would need contacting by mobile.Keep us posted and hope to see every-one next week:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi lads, nice one i've finally found a northwest meet!! cheers for pointing me in the right direction andy!

only one problem really, my car is going into RB Motorsport on the 9th for quite a bit of work, so wont get it back till the 19th or so might pop down anyway to meet you lot though

cheers guys, paul.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hey Paul - one post in 12 months, you post whore you! :chuckle:

Plenty other so.com stalwarts slum it over here (and vice versa) - then you get the best of both worlds. :)

Hope to see you next weekend - in whichever vehicle - but would have been nice to see your LM. What work are you having done at Rods?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Andy,
In the light of no other arrangements are we meeting at the pub where we had lunch last time.
I can't remeber the name of it though !!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Andy,
In the light of no other arrangements are we meeting at the pub where we had lunch last time.
I can't remeber the name of it though !!
Hi Ian,

I can't quite remember the name of it either! Was it the Holly Inn or something?

Anyway, Matt will know.

I'm not bothered where we meet as long as:

a) It's in the same vicinity as before!
b) It can accommodate the turn out (inside and Car Park!) - and we don't know the numbers yet
c) It does decent food

The Roebuck on the A6 at Bilsborrow fits the above as an alternative?

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Andy,
I think it was The Holly, now you mention it.
I don't know The Roebuck, so can't comment.
I think point b) is very relevant - working in a hotel, I now what mild chaos a sudden influx of numbers can create.
However, I don't think we can predict too easily who will be coming.
Are you going to do a thread about it on the other forum, by the way ?
Ian

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Afterthought.........
If we went to The Roebuck, will it be open at 11am, or would we be meeting later ?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts