GTR Forum banner

Which date would you prefer?

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guys Hamlet aint much further south, so more than happy with either location that has been suggested, only thing is gotta work on 11th, so 18th is looking better vote seems to be split at the Mo, further south would'nt be a hassle if it makes it easier for the south and welsh guys
ps thanks Ian for keeping me in the loop:smokin:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Alright terry,all the best.As you say if it`s a bit more south you might get
some of the lower north westers intrested;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
:cool: Brian220, let us know how far south you were thinking ? and perhaps a suggestion and see if it floats, worth a try, and yes the wiggan tree used to be a fav outing for the scoobie crews and yes you could'nt get served on a sunday as its big with familes, ( pretty cool watching the kids drag dads round the car park though LOL)

·
Registered
43 Posts
what about somewhere south of preston, think Andy lives down that way? you know the one with the discreet rear spoiler LOL:cool:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Further South is fine by me - seeing as I live south of there and right on a Southbound junction of the M6 :chuckle:

Not sure where though - that Wiggan Tree place or somewhere near Bolton?

·
Registered
561 Posts
:cool: Brian220, let us know how far south you were thinking ? and perhaps a suggestion and see if it floats, worth a try, and yes the wiggan tree used to be a fav outing for the scoobie crews and yes you could'nt get served on a sunday as its big with familes, ( pretty cool watching the kids drag dads round the car park though LOL)

With not being from round the area I'm guessing i'm probably not the best person to add my thoughts in suggesting a location, not that i'm trying to wimp out of making a decision :)

But i would be chuffed if a location around the Chester, Manchester area came up, but again that's me being selfish. Where would everyone else be travelling from?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Where would everyone else be travelling from?
So far we've had turn out from Morecambe, Lancaster, Preston, Accrington, Southport, Blackburn and Bolton - not a bad spread :thumbsup: Hope I didn't miss anybody out....... oh yeah, forgot Kazhakstan, sorry Matt :D :D :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
just to add, cant remember if i already have, im definatly turning up to this one, not bothered so much about the dates, but manchester is a bit far south, what about in the middle of manchester and garstang? roughly darwen sort of way? nice roads round there, if its not full of snow that is!
*paul (gtr lm ltd) from blackpool.

cheers, paul.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I don't mind travelling a bit further than usual if it means 1 or 2 more can come along.
It's not like I have to do the journey every day.
My 2p's worth.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So far we've had turn out from Morecambe, Lancaster, Preston, Accrington, Southport, Blackburn and Bolton - not a bad spread :thumbsup: Hope I didn't miss anybody out....... oh yeah, forgot Kazhakstan, sorry Matt :D :D :D
Modern technology and it still takes the best part of 2 days to get home :chairshot

I'm happy to go with the flow with location, like Ian it's not a journey I have to make everyday. Which is good because I couldn't afford the fuel for that!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bit like going into an empty house and shouting " hello is there anybody there" LOL
same question guys have we gone firm on location yet ?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
As stated earlier, I am happy to travel a bit if it means more can attend.
But unless someone from 'further down' can come up with any suggestions as to a venue (on the basis that they know the area better) we might as well make it The New Holly Inn again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
seem to remember the mention of guys hamlet further down the A6 perhaps from someone on the other forum, or was that just me dreaming again,damn got to try and touch base more often with this reality LOL:smokin:

21 - 40 of 111 Posts