GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oki Paul off skylineowners has arrange this for Novembers meet so i thought i would share with you and has managed to arrange a rolling road day for us all for Sun 29th November which will our November monthly meet.

Venue \ location :

Dyno Demon,
5 Westwood Court,
Clayhill Ind Park,
Neston,
CH64 3UJ

Dyno Demon website

Price £35 per car

Payment is on the day via cash or card, cheques unfortunately cannot be accepted
Max number of cars 35

However there is good safe parking for more cars
Times 09:30 till 16:30

You can arrive anytime but would suggest the earlier the better and we will put the cars on the rollers in order of arrival if possible

These guys have a 4WD Dyno Dynamics rolling road and your car will get 3 runs and you will receive 2 print outs from the best run showing :

Flywheel power and torque graphs
Road power, AFR and boost graphs
The print outs are presented in a nice shiny Dyno-Demon branded folder

Tea and Coffee will be provided

They can put on food for us at a cost of around £4 per person and it will be a buffet style affair (pies \ pastries, nothing too fancy) they have used vans in the past but they charge the earth and we would prefer to keep the costs down.

I'm aware that Dyno Demons may be a little out of the way for some of our North West members and I really do apologise for this but when I went to a rolling road day here last year they struck me as being very professional, checking over each car before doing a run (they didn't allow one car to run because it had hardly any oil) and the actual output from the run's are projected overhead onto a large white wall area for everyone to watch as they happen. I'd also like to say that these guys are not too far away from me but this has in no way influenced the decision to use them, from what I’ve seen they will put on a good day for us.

The North Wales rep has a list for his members on the go as well, the more the merrier.

None skylines belonging to friends\family etc are welcome as well, but the skylines get priority if we get good numbers.

For those traveling in, you could meet up at the Shell Station at Haydock Island for say 09:00am and then convoy through north Liverpool and the Wallasey tunnel (nice sound affects en-route !)

I will try to arrange for Total Nissan to attend as well

So come on guys, some of you have raised an interest in a rolling road day in other threads so get your names down and please PUT YOUR NAME DOWN ASAP so I can get numbers back to Dyno Demon as early as possible and also when we approach Total Nissan. Also could you indicate if you are doing a run or just attending and where you plan to meet up, at dynodemon or haydock

If people want to start making a list or put there names on skylineowners.com but this sounds like a fun day :)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
and it seems quite expensive when compared to other events in the past, including some that are entirely free, bearing in mind the free publicity the garage gets and the exposure to a whole new set of customers

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Well I fancy this.

I'll be quite hungover and driving from Oxton that day so I'll be there in the afternoon.

CC

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and it seems quite expensive when compared to other events in the past, including some that are entirely free, bearing in mind the free publicity the garage gets and the exposure to a whole new set of customers
am sure £35 is pocket change and its all about the fun etc etc

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ill come down and watch, they're usually good fun.

Well I fancy this.

I'll be quite hungover and driving from Oxton that day so I'll be there in the afternoon.

CC
Oxton eh? i havent seen yours about yet, although i have heard about it. Keep your eyes peeled for a white 32 (thats me!) :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Ill come down and watch, they're usually good fun.

Oxton eh? i havent seen yours about yet, although i have heard about it. Keep your eyes peeled for a white 32 (thats me!) :thumbsup:
Soz buddy I don't live in Oxton, just at a mates house for a lash up on the Saturday night!

Deffo want to dyno my 35. I was gonna go over to these guys a bit back but they were closed for their hols.

I'm keen to see the difference between stock, Cobb stage 2, and my new RPM based custom tune.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Might pop along for the day but probly not with the R32.

£35 seems to be the going rate for a rolling road day in the North West, my best friend has just organised one at Car Planet in Warrington and thats £35.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i Dont think its expensive to say how much money you people put into your cars... so com'on £35 :p

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
i am interested....
might be able to get about 3 or 4 others too...
Mr Bern?
Mr Kester?
Mr John?
Mr Graham?
Mr Eddie?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Soz buddy I don't live in Oxton, just at a mates house for a lash up on the Saturday night!

Deffo want to dyno my 35. I was gonna go over to these guys a bit back but they were closed for their hols.

I'm keen to see the difference between stock, Cobb stage 2, and my new RPM based custom tune.
Ahh right, but you do live in the wirral? Just wondering if its your 35 that i've heard about, only ever seen a red one so far in my area.

Go get it dyno'd, dont go get it mapped there - ive some real horror stories about cars that have been mapped by them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just reading this and thought that would be a good day out.

I only live in Standish so thought would meet at Haydock. The checked my diary and we are out all day in Blackpool on the piss all day Saturday 28th, staying over. So I will not even be able to drive back home under the limit by 12:00 on Sunday.

Anything else happening around here?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Laura, is it £35 all day, or £35 each go on the dyno?

Just that I want to get 3 runs done, one for each of the different tunes I have loaded up on my Cobb Accessport.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts