GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm planning a local get together, on Monday 31st July, at 'The Green Man' pub on the A43 between the M40 and M1 (about a mile east out of Silverstone on the west-bound carriageway)

If we get enough interest, then we'll try and make it a regular GTROC meet (I know there's plenty of owners in the area)

kicking off around 7.30-8pm

Already got a few interested parties, and there's ample parking there too;)

pm me if you're interested.

Steve:wavey:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wish I could make this one but have to work im afraid, hopefully this will take off and I will make the next meeting.

Thanks Roly

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers

I know the day seems a bit odd, but it's my daughters birthday on Sunday and that would be a little out of order, I think.

Any future meets here (depending on interest) will be weekend affairs - the only real problem with this, though is that the pub gets pretty busy on a Sunday afternoon/evening

Steve

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For anyone further afield contemplating coming over, the pub's about 10minutes west of Junction 15a of the M1 and only 15 mins north of Juction 11 (services) of the M40.

Just a word of warning, though, there are forward facing speed cameras almost directly outside the pub, on the dual carriage.

It would be really good if we could get some more people along (currently 12 different parties have confirmed):clap:

Steve

·
Registered
72 Posts
This should be good if all show.
Nice to have somewhere on the doorstep to meet up, have a yarn and a little look see at people's cars. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Just everyone beware the speed cameras on both sides of the A43 near this pub......one is pretty well hidden round a corner for those of you not familiar with the location!

Ian

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi guys ... :thumbsup:

I'm also near Silverstone/Brackley (thru the lanes) ... and I'll try and make it too.
Anyone know the Blakesley pub? That is a good place for this sort of meet, if that pub gets too busy.

Cheers ...

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Al Bags said:
Hi guys ... :thumbsup:

I'm also near Silverstone/Brackley (thru the lanes) ... and I'll try and make it too.
Anyone know the Blakesley pub? That is a good place for this sort of meet, if that pub gets too busy.

Cheers ...
Be great if you turn up, to make the numbers up.

Not sure of the Blakesly Pub, but we'll have to bare it in mind if we outgrow this venue.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hope we do outgrow the pub!! That would be a good turn out.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
46 Posts
:thumbsup: Hey!

Now a local mate might come over in his, too ... otherwise may be with me.

See ya ...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cheers for the offer Steve, but am down in Andover all week so won't be able to make it. Good idea though and will definately be up for it in the future should it become a regular occurance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know what you mean. It's looking a bit cloudy but I will definatly be there anyway. As it's only on the doorstep it would be rude not to.

See you all later. :clap:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts