GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
infact after the comments below remove the topic!

this was not thought up by motorscope for "Publicity", was just a thought from myself to do a little somthing and a rolling road day seem'd a decent way. Wasnt the point of the day to raise thousands just a small somthing.

I'll buy the xbox myself if needs be!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
WOW! Seems like the only charity is Motorscope, who get all this publicity for free. Positive bargain! Surely if they genuinely meant it as a charity day all the proceeds would go?

·
Registered
565 Posts
WOW! Seems like the only charity is Motorscope, who get all this publicity for free. Positive bargain! Surely if they genuinely meant it as a charity day all the proceeds would go?
Yip Agree!

Hypertech in Bonnybridge Scotland did one last year for Help for Heroes, every penny went to their cause.

They even bought food and did a BBQ and all the proceeds from that went as well, raised nearly 1k.

Surely the guys at Motorscope can have a re-think on amount going to charity?

I know Newcastle hospital well and would have no issues travelling down from Jockland for this if the cut going to charity was better and i am sure a few of the other lads would join me as well.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I agree but also have an issue with your comments (sorry). If someone has to react to the negative press just to make it seem fairer then it tells you what their real attitudes are to supporting charitable causes. I can't believe the other forum and the person starting the thread here actually thought it was worthy of posting! Personally I'd rather support people that genuinely want to support charities rather than those who need to react or are forced to change their ways because of the comments of others. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
565 Posts
I agree but also have an issue with your comments (sorry). If someone has to react to the negative press just to make it seem fairer then it tells you what their real attitudes are to supporting charitable causes. I can't believe the other forum and the person starting the thread here actually thought it was worthy of posting! Personally I'd rather support people that genuinely want to support charities rather than those who need to react or are forced to change their ways because of the comments of others. Just my thoughts
I hear you John and agree.

You just hope that the outfit concerned will see the error of their ways and do something to rectify it, although this need'nt have been the case in the first place

After all it will be the kids who miss out if it is shelved.

£1 per run is an insult TBH

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Although this is a Official SO.com RR day
I'm sorry ... I thought this was a 'CHARITY DAY' !?!!

Now I'm all for promoting a worthy cause but by those words what is actually being promoted is an SO.com rolling road day whilst raising 'some' ... money for a local charity? Plus wasn't it SO.com who recently asked for us to remove the JTS parade lap thread from our forum despite someone from SO.com posting it as it wasn't for us & an event 'ONLY' for SO.com !?!!

Okay ... confused now?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Think maybe i have worded that wrong here,

Its normally £35 a run for the rolling road, out of that £35 motorscope will donate a percentage just awaiting to hear how much,

The price of the runs are £36 just to give a extra little boost to the pot, so £1 from each run will hit the pot before motorscopes donation, Then added to that will be what motorscope will put in

hope that makes sense

edit: please read top post

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.