GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was absolutely amazed at around 11:30 last night here in Sweden as for the first time ever I saw the Aurora Borealis.

This show went on for over an hour last night and it was the most spetacular light show I have ever seen in my life ! After I put the camera away the colours were going from green to pink & red and back and you could clearly see the band waving in the sky.

I am by no means a star watcher but after last night I will never take the sky at night for granted again at it was certainly magical to watch for sure.

Here are some pics from last night.

I apologise for the quality of the photos, these were taken on a 8-10 second exposure by hand hence the blur in them, (I wish I had got the camera tripod out now) with my recently purchased Canon EOS 300D.

At least you get an idea of what I saw !

Shaun.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Cool, nice one :)

I can take a smog picture of South London for you in return if you want ? ;)

·
Registered
662 Posts
it must have been a very strange sight for the first travlers in ships to see that for the first time
what went through there heads not knowing what it was

kinda would like to see that myself oneday

·
Registered
88 Posts
it must have been a very strange sight for the first travlers in ships to see that for the first time
what went through there heads not knowing what it was

kinda would like to see that myself oneday

Sweden isn't Just blondes and Polarbears ;) Me myself that lived here all my life haven't even seen the northern lights yet :)

Shaun: Use your Tripod mate! :) Btw, Jag har inte sett dig på msn? ;) Nu är det dags o sluta med engelskan va? Du har väll fått in svenskan nu? :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sweden isn't Just blondes and Polarbears ;) Me myself that lived here all my life haven't even seen the northern lights yet :)

Shaun: Use your Tripod mate! :) Btw, Jag har inte sett dig på msn? ;) Nu är det dags o sluta med engelskan va? Du har väll fått in svenskan nu? :D

:D
maybe you havent seen them because you spend all your time working on a silver R32GTR :D
try looking outside your window :) hehehe
ps your car is awsum

·
Registered
88 Posts
:D
maybe you havent seen them because you spend all your time working on a silver R32GTR :D
try looking outside your window :) hehehe
ps your car is awsum

hehe, It's not my car i'm afraid :( It's a buddy of mine. I'm just the photographer and co-driver sometimes :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts