GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need you're advice on a nos system that i would like to instal.
Have a rb25det with following mods.
Full exhaust 3 inch with no cat.( pipe only with a damper back)
Greddy intake ( cold)
.8 bar boost
Drift setup suspension with lsd (aftermarked)
defi gauge set-up
afr gauge innovate lm-1

I want to make more power but not going the bigger turbo / ecu / injector route yet.

What nos system would be best for my set up and what max hp shot should i use ( wet system of course ) for a safe application.
many thanks for any advise.
mike

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Whats so great about the NOS wizzard, not heard of them?
Surely for what he wants to do a single fogger NOS brand kit would be fine with a 75-100hp shot? (around 350 pound)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
lifetime warrenty

pulsoids that never fail....

the ability to use a progressive controller (NOS specify a recon on their solonoids for every 5 mins of use.....thats twice per bottle of gas on 25bhp)

upgradeable to smooth system (worlds only smooth system)

nitrous lines that dont cause phase change

24hr advice on the forum from the company director and inventor

etc

etc

·
Registered
227 Posts
"Whats so great about the NOS wizzard, not heard of them?
Surely for what he wants to do a single fogger NOS brand kit would be fine with a 75-100hp shot? (around 350 pound)"
R.I.P.S NZ

If you need to ask this question you shouldn't be answering such queries or recommending products. The single most important factor in safe successful tuning is research, I suggest you go and compare notes on the various Nos kits.

And if that doesn't convince you then how about one very simple non technical reason to go with the wizard, it's the only kit you can get legit insurance on as it's the only one with approval.

Aitch

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
assuming you have a stock bottom end, and you're running something like 550bhp at the flywheel, and then you hit the engine with a 200hp (or something similarly huge) wet nitrous shot at WOT during a high speed run....assuming fuel/air/NO2 ratios are perfect, is it the conrods that you'll break?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
the conrods i would expect to break first but it really depends on what revs you are taking it to...

they could prob take 700bhp at lower rpm's (if their limit is 600bhp at 8000rpm)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the many replies and will check on the nos wizard.
Just don't want to brake anything. like the ride to much for that!

·
Registered
930 Posts
one of the lads on the other side has won setup and has had great results.he thinks the best setup is 330bhp son a couple more mods needed but not really that exensive then a 50shot of nos on top make a very nice fast car that also has stage 1 fuel cost.speak to some of the lads on soc which have the kits on their gtst but the all say won is the best by far.i will have this setup soon.

·
Registered
930 Posts
if used right it will be fine and try to use a progessive controller.ive been in a 368whp gtst with a 50shot which is the limit on standard bottom end and its bloody fast.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Whats so great about the NOS wizzard, not heard of them?
Surely for what he wants to do a single fogger NOS brand kit would be fine with a 75-100hp shot? (around 350 pound)

NOTHING, but the owner talks like an American preacher, and as you can see he has trained his sheep well.
Fair play in a way, and his 'kits' are fine, but in practice no different from anything else......
Watch the sheep go mad, enjoy.
Regards,
Andy.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
NOTHING, but the owner talks like an American preacher, and as you can see he has trained his sheep well.
Fair play in a way, and his 'kits' are fine, but in practice no different from anything else......
Watch the sheep go mad, enjoy.
Regards,
Andy.

we wont go mad mate we prefer to discuss this

so who is the best kit then?, NOS?

the kit that needs to have a recon every 5 mins of progressive use?
the kit that comes with a line so large it requires a 5 second purge before use
the company that sells illegal bottles?

does any other company have a forum?, or a lifetime warrenty?, is any other kit in the UK even insureable?

·
Registered
227 Posts
says it all..

The problem with true wisdom is it's almost always retrospective.

Do not confuse sheep with lemmings.

My two sons have now had 7 nos systems between them over the last 4 years, only the WON installs have not had problems, how would the doubters like me to massage those stats?

Aitch

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
oh well that was a short debate PMSL!

problem is that if people have no experiance of the kits then i guess its all to easy to presume they are just regular cheap kits with a bigger price tag

if anyone has any questions on the kits im am happy to answer them (noswizard forum moderator)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Having considered my own previous response in retrospect I suppose it was a little harsh, it's probably unreasonable to expect newcomers to the idea of Nos to know the differences between kits.

Furthermore, the usual problems created by choice are further exagerrated when they apply to technical products. In most cases it's difficult for the non technical or unfamiliar to accept that there are so many superior engineering aspects to a product which looks basically simple!

The fact is however, there are a number of engineering reasons why one kit is best equipped (read designed?) to prevent damage to one's engine. The reasons may seem small and insignificant, but the cost of ignoring them can be drastic.

Aitch

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
"Whats so great about the NOS wizzard, not heard of them?
Surely for what he wants to do a single fogger NOS brand kit would be fine with a 75-100hp shot? (around 350 pound)"
R.I.P.S NZ

If you need to ask this question you shouldn't be answering such queries or recommending products. The single most important factor in safe successful tuning is research, I suggest you go and compare notes on the various Nos kits.

And if that doesn't convince you then how about one very simple non technical reason to go with the wizard, it's the only kit you can get legit insurance on as it's the only one with approval.

Aitch
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Firstly, you need to pull your head out from right up your own **** my friend.

Secondly, I was in no way knocking WON product, if you read carefully I clearly state I have not heard of them, not that they were bad, no good or in any way inferior to NOS.
The WON product may be good, maybe even better than NOS, but jumping up and down as soon as 'heaven forbid' someone hasn't heard of it is very immature don't you think?

Thirdly, I think YOU need to do some research into my credibility and the fact that I do in fact know what I am talking about, have in fact used Nitrous oxide very sucessfully for over 20 years and all WITHOUT failier.

How many national drag racing championship titles do you PERSONALLY hold in cars where you have tuned the NOS and driven the car yourself?? :rolleyes: (make sure you answer this one!!)

Most people are scared of NOS because of ignorance, sure, The WON kit maybe great, state of the art and easy to make things more reliable, but in
alot of cases (and probably the case for the guy who started the thread) a kit so advanced and probably comparitivley expensive is not needed.

I did actually have a look at the WON website and it did look quite good and I was even seriously considering buying one for my new car, but if you are in any way associated with the WON company (please clarify that for me) based on your obvious lack of reading and comprehension skills, ignornace and the state of your mouth alone, I would not buy one to even try.

Rob :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
it seems I did upset someone!

I am not in any way associated with the WON company, have never myself purchased their equipment either, but have first hand experience of a few of their kits on families cars.

I can't answer some of your queries as I get headache trying to interpret the
spelling.

No I don't race, have no prizes for racing either, but I do have 2 degrees in engineering and a lifetime experience in the industry.

My primary gripe is simple and still stands, I know folks worldwide who know the WON system, and in my opinion (still) anyone who claims to be familiar with nos to the degree you do, anywhere in the world and doesn't know the WON kit has missed a trick or two. There are hundreds of the kits in use from the USA to Nigeria, only rip van winkle couldn't have heard of it.

My opinions, nothing whatsoever to do with the makers, whom i've never evn spoken to.

Aitch

·
Banned
907 Posts
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Firstly, you need to pull your head out from right up your own **** my friend.

Secondly, I was in no way knocking WON product, if you read carefully I clearly state I have not heard of them, not that they were bad, no good or in any way inferior to NOS.
The WON product may be good, maybe even better than NOS, but jumping up and down as soon as 'heaven forbid' someone hasn't heard of it is very immature don't you think?

Thirdly, I think YOU need to do some research into my credibility and the fact that I do in fact know what I am talking about, have in fact used Nitrous oxide very sucessfully for over 20 years and all WITHOUT failier.

How many national drag racing championship titles do you PERSONALLY hold in cars where you have tuned the NOS and driven the car yourself?? :rolleyes: (make sure you answer this one!!)

Most people are scared of NOS because of ignorance, sure, The WON kit maybe great, state of the art and easy to make things more reliable, but in
alot of cases (and probably the case for the guy who started the thread) a kit so advanced and probably comparitivley expensive is not needed.

I did actually have a look at the WON website and it did look quite good and I was even seriously considering buying one for my new car, but if you are in any way associated with the WON company (please clarify that for me) based on your obvious lack of reading and comprehension skills, ignornace and the state of your mouth alone, I would not buy one to even try.

Rob :thumbsup:
Well said,
Trevor who owns the WON business is in fairness trying to develop a new product that in smallish systems (above from say 75-175 hp increase, on relitavely small bottles), keeps volume/preasure/flow-rate constant so no re-jetting for ambiant temps, or the refridgeration effect (accoring to boyles law) of using a smallish bottle for prolonged periods.
I wish him well, some people top the 'bottle' with nitrogen, some use heaters, some know more than me, however that is the main problem as I see it, in streetable systems, and I am not sure if WON-Trevor has the metal capacity to solve this simple but very dynamic problem...but he is trying....
Rob, keep your own mind, it's better than most on this subject, again IMHO.
Regards,
Andy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts