GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after getting rear ended the other week I now have a dodgy front left wheel. Having taken it to the local garage, I have been told I need the following :

2 Front roll bar drop links, may also be called the track control arms as the bushes have perished in them

1 nearside front stabiliser arm's set of bushes as they have perished and split.

Would anyone on here be able to translate this into something that Abbey would understand and give me an estimate of prices :confused:

In my naivety I am hoping I can just buy the bushes and not go to the expense of the set of parts anyone any ideas???

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
droplinks and track controll arms are not the same thing

whats wrong with the wheel ? normally roll bar problems dont effect steering that much, do you think they meant the tension rod bushes ?

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts
drop links are the bit that goes between the ARB and the wheel hub, the rubber bushes perish, the front stabiliser bar will be the tie rod/tension rod depending on what you want to call it.

Abbey can supply replacement bushes of either standard, whiteline or nismo I think. IIRC the whiteline are about £50 each or something.

Simon

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys been ill. The problem with the car is similar to when the wheels aren't balanced and make the steering wheel wobble. On top of this if I hit a bump or small indent in the road the left hand side of the car loses a little traction, tramlines a bit and feels like I am driving over a cattle grid momentarily.

Looks like I'll have to give Abbey a ring.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts