GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As the title says not a new member but not posted for several years.
Thought I would say hello and I purchased a GTR R35 2009 model in August last year.
I have enjoyed reading all the posts and thought it was time I started to interact with people!

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Hello Twin_Turbo_Man, welcome to the forum.

Why not actually join the GTR Owners Club and enjoy the real benefits. Such a leap of faith would guarantee great value and the involvement in a very vibrant and interactive experience.

Cutting through the c**p, you would be most welcome. Check the details out on GTROC ? The GTR Owners Club

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the happy throng. As John said the club always welcomes new members from Skyline/Stagea to R35 Egoist (we don't actually have any of those) at events and get togethers - feel free to interact away.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Welcome along.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Welcome buddy & congrats on your purchase :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
just activating the Executive member status and there's tons of "non-posters" Come on people, join in the banter!

Mook

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Be careful boys, he could be a member of a TTRS sleeper cell.... :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Does this mean I get a key to the GTROC executive loo?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Take that as a no then.

Gutted.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Welcome, post some pictures of your new motor :thumbsup:

Anders

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hi all

Thanks for the warm welcome, such a fast response! I would not expect anything else as anything GTR is fast!
I have seen a few R35's around my location in Norwich and nice to find members on the forum near to me, eg Robsm.and I will post up some pics soon.
The car, and still in its standard state of tune (save Milltek Y pipe), from the word go including that all exciting test drive has been a continous adrenalin rush.
I have been worried about the things that can go wrong, bell housing issue being the main one, and particularly because the warranty runs out in July. I have had the drive shaft play checked by Mark at my local HPC, Desira Nissan, Norwich a few times and have been reassured that all is well.
I would like to mention that Mark and Desira have looked after me very well and have always been very obliging.
My future plans would be to upgrade to LC4 and the associated gearbox upgrade to stop the 'fussy' behavour of the gears at low speeds. The kangaroo issue!
The performance of the car, for me, is the best I have ever experienced.
I do like the way the car accelerates from a standstill, and without even thinking about it. I have carried a few passengers, particularly the female ones who usually scream out of shock when the car makes rapid progress.
I am not looking forward to the next G2 service as this is going to cost serious money (due in July), but I did realise that these cars are not cheap to run.
Look forward to many more idea exchanges and once again thanks for the warm welcome.
I will upgrade, later, to full membership on the GTROC (only associate member at the moment).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts