GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been plenty long enough now, and they should have come down enough in price to be within my budget.

Parkers reckon they should cost around £16.6K for a2000/W Nissan Skyline R34 2.6 Twin Turbo 2d with 90K miles.

A quick scout around the classifieds here came as a bit of a shock :|

Are there any standard ones around going for this sort of money? I want one ... but I have no interest, whatsoever, in any mods at all

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I think you`ve got very little chance of finding a standard R34. Forget Parkers, there are probably less than 200 in the country and you`ll probably find that their owners will hold out until they get close to their asking price.
Look through the 34 for sale section at the ones that have sold and you`ll get an idea of what they go for.

·
R35 Section manager
11,055 Posts
34s are now 10 years old, so slim chance of finding a standard spec one and you couild probably find a one with a good spec for the same money

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
there are standard ones around but the parkers price guide is very wrong.

For instance on one car i was going to take in p.x on my old motor, the parkers price guide said it was worth 20k. I could not find one for sale below 80k and the guy sold his ferria back to ferria for 75k.

Basically the parkers price guide was a massive 55k out!

However, you will find the odd r34 for about 17k-20k but they will be dogs. If you want a proper car then you need to be looking at spending 20-25k mate.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I have never seen a stock Skyline in my life. To me, a Skyline with BPUs (intake and exhaust) is "stock"....although I saw a stock airbox once, and totally freaked out, like I'd seen the Holy Grail or something :p

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Mine is on a S-reg. DVLA have put the wrong plate on it but refuse to change it. And then they have the cheek to charge me over 400 quid a year tax as they class it as a 2007 car!
DVLA are brilliant! My Stagea is an 08 reg!!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
It's been plenty long enough now, and they should have come down enough in price to be within my budget.

Parkers reckon they should cost around £16.6K for a2000/W Nissan Skyline R34 2.6 Twin Turbo 2d with 90K miles.

Are there any standard ones around going for this sort of money? I want one ... but I have no interest, whatsoever, in any mods at all
I would suggest speaking to one of the importers. There were a lot more R34s sold in Japan than here. Exchange rate isn't good though.

With respect why would you want a standard car? UK spec GTRs are modified Japanese spec cars. I would be unhappy to operate an imported car without some modification - the fuelling would be wrong. A small degree of modification is (IMHO) inevitable.

However mostly stock cars do exist. If your budget would stretch a bit further why not pick up one of the special edition cars. Keeping one of these
standard is likely yield a better return when you come to sell the car.

·
Super Moderator
15,848 Posts
You might get one for £19-20K, particularly if you're not fussed about it being a V-Spec. As said above, forget Parkers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
r34

cheap usually gives you what it says,buy a decent uk car,checkable history and far better spec as standard.Cheap or not the running wont be cheap,i love mine but it keeps me skint.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
If you're struggling to buy it you're going to have a bigger headache when it comes to actually keeping it on the road.

Bear in mind these cars were £50k new, the servicing & running costs are commensurate with that and haven't (to my knowledge) really changed a whole lot for many years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The running costs are of little or no concern to me. It'll be mostly sat on the drive and used occasionally on the w/ends.

I have a Scooby STi sat outside at the moment that I hardly use, but when I do the novelty and thrill never wears off and it brings a big cheesy grin to my face every time. I'd treat a 34 the same way.

I am not a racing driver, and not particularly fast either but it doesn't stop me enjoying the experience!

I fancy a R34GTR to see what all the fuss is about, I thought they'd be cheaper by now and I hear they're pretty good :D ... I had a modded R33GTS-t some years back, and it was wasn't to my liking at all, I even bought another (Standard!) one to give it the benifit of the doubt, and it was better ... but still not right.

Thanks for the heads up on Parkers, and yes it does seem that I am going to have to fork out 20K+ for the pleasure now, so maybe I'll wait a bit longer! It's a bit on the steep side for what will purely be a "toy" for me.

I, personally,don't like modifications (unless they are releasing factory detunes, or compensating for fuel ratings) on the grounds that ..

a) A car manufacturer having invested billions into the design and manufacture of a car usually know what they are doing, and it's good enough for me.

b) modifying cars is a slippery slope and can normally end up an endless money pit, and no matter what you do, it won't be to someone else's taste. I personally can't stand louds exhausts, raspy filters, garish colours, graphics, and I don't really care what it looks like and don't even notice "subtle" mods so what's the point? A cars individuality doesn't matter a damn to me, I enjoy the experience of driving them, that's all.

Anyways, I am starting to sound like a miserable old b*stard (I am), so I'll stop now and thank people for their time and replies. I'll keep sniffing about, and know full well that you get what you pay for ... but my starting point of using Parkers for a guide price was clearly wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts