GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....couple of months ago I had my wisdom teeth removed (as some of you may remember), now I've just been told I have a SEVERE case of tonsilities (which explains why i feel so shit today) and they are extremely worried that I may actually have Glandular Fever. So got to have a blood test tomorrow and then wait and see.

Oh joy. :(

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Mate I don't envy that at all.

I had severe tonsilitis in my final year at University and I couldn't sleep for 3 days. My throat was so sore that even just breathing in hurt like I was swallowing razor blades. I tried everything to shake it, mouthwashes, salty water, even gargling 65% peach schnapps!!! Looking at my tonsils you could see little civilizations growing and evolving each day, LOL.

Anyway, when I finally got an appointment at the student practice I was a member at they prescibed penicillin and it killed it in about 48 hours. Still, it was a week of pain and misery I never want to go through again!

Hope you have a speedy recovery and that the test for glandular fever comes back negative. :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Dude that sucks, hope you get well soon.

If its any consolation I got glandular fever a couple of years ago, and it was great. I felt a bit tired and lethargic, (well, even more so than normal), and got some blood tests at the hospital where they diagnosed glandular fever.

I was signed off work by the doctor for two weeks, but felt absolutely fine. Obviously I couldn't return to work 'cos I wasn't insured if I was signed off, so I spent every day out on my mountain bike, and playing with my nitro R/C cars in the forest, (it was the middle of the summer, bonus :D ).

Didn't get any symptoms at all after that, great, though I might have been lucky.

Isn't ice cream meant to be good for tonsilitus, (or is that after you have them out). Maybe it doesn't matter, just eat loads of ice cream anyway. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Daz said:
Just got back from the docs ... I've definitely NOT got Glandula Fever.

Your the lucky one mate, I had it a few years ago & was off work for 6 weeks:( :(

To top that off the doc gave me penicilin(sp) because he thought it was tonsilitis and GF & penicilin means you get something along the lines of chicken pox also, so I was a tad rough to say the least!!:D :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doesn't sound like much fun at all mate.

I've been popping 8 penicillin a day ... and have to until Sunday.

419 Posts
Hope

You feel better Daz.Stop sticking your tongue out so far and lay off kissing big Nick and you,ll get better much quicker. LOL:) :) :)

Tony( old and sarcastic according to Yunis!!!!)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tony - LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on the mend now mate (at last) :) . Although that means back to work tomorrow :(

Scott - I thought that's how you greeted all the customers at Abbey's ? ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts