GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought I would share a really nice bday present from my brother. He had my steering wheel trimmed in alcantara by these guys: http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

They have trimmed it to a really high standard, the fit and finish is great and the stitching is pretty awesome. They also did my brothers M3 at the same time. It's no mine's steering wheel but its a fraction of the cost (I wont put price as this is the first GTR wheel he has done so the price was an intro offer). The guy now has a spare GTR steering wheel in stock (my old one which is in great condition), so he can trim one up and swap it over for you without any need for a wait. Lets just say it was less than £200.

Nice touch, and it makes the driving experience so much nicer. I know alcantara tends to wear out quickly, but my brother figured it was worth having the entire wheel alcantara, and if it wears badly i can get it trimmed again in leather/alcantara combo.

H

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pictures dont do it justice to be honest, its such a nice material. For the price I think it has to be one of the best mods to the car in terms of how it makes you feel when driving it. Not sure why, but an alcantara steering wheel just makes you feel like you are driving something so much more special. I'll try and get some more pics up when i next get a chance, for now see 2 more attached pics which include my brothers m3 steering wheel with M colour stitching.

H

Attachments

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
He redid my M3 wheel for me. Excellent work. Must say I much prefer a leather wheel, and the stitching he did on it was flawless and matched the stock red and blue of the M3.

Make a big difference when you come to selling a car.

Alcantara is nice until it goes shiny and wears out.

I also much prefer the additional padding and sculpturing you get from the mine's wheel. I don't think he can replicate that, only the covering.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Yes just enquired and at £199 that's a seriously good price. Just working out a group buy for anyone that is interested :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
If its the same Jack I am thinking of, he did countless BMW wheels from a while back. All of his wheels I have seen have been top notch.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
That does look nice, but can just the sides be done where you put your hands?
Leaving the top and bottom leather like the MINE'S one, because that looks better in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sure he can work around any personal preferances people have as my brother said he seemed to be pretty flexible with any requests. I forgot to mention that my brother had mine stitched on top of the existing leather so that it provided a bit more cushioning underneath and made the wheel just a tad thicker. I love it personally, feels great and its not super soft or spongy at all, far from it.

H

1 - 19 of 19 Posts