GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right folks.... it's time to move on, so I am selling my 3 Inch 5pt racing harness from the one and only Eleanor from "Gone in 60 Seconds".
I was able to buy these off the technical supervisor for the film... out of one of the wrecked movie cars! :)

a Pic mounted in my GTR R34:

and here's a link to a gallery of them mounted in one of those beautiful GT500: Eleanor Inside, Mustang Eleanor Shelby GT 500 Fastback, 1600 1200

The neat thing about these belts besides being from a movie car is that you can choose whether to use:

Snap Hooks

Bolt Ends

or just mounting them onto a cage or harness bar.

Paid a fortune for these... probably because some sweat of Nicolas Cage got on them or something :chuckle:

Asking Price is £450 for both (Driver + Passenger) plus shipping/paypal taxes

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do they come with a signature of authenticity that the were used for the film:popcorn: Cause these are going for £190.50 a pair new
No unfortunately not because these were sold "under the table" :( They were supposed to be going to Prop Store - Ultimate Movie Collectables (famous store for movie collectables) where they'd have gone out with a Certificate of Authenticity. But since my uncle (who worked at Touchstone Pictures back then) knew the technical supervisor, Hooper was his name... he was able to somehow get them.

Unfortunately my Uncle has passed away 2 years ago, I never got round in asking him for anything which would help me prove this :(

I recieved a hand signed Poster from Nicolas Cage and Angeline Jolie with it back then.... but sold that a while ago; should have kept that at least as some kind of proof... or sell it with the belts...:chairshot

Whoah... didn't know that they were going so cheap! Well... since I have no proof what so ever... guess I'll have to change the pricing:( Paid nearly $2'000.- back then:bawling:

NEW PRICE... £300.- which includes the bolt ends and snap hooks (have both of them) plus shipping/paypal costs :(

·
Registered
429 Posts
No unfortunately not because these were sold "under the table" :( They were supposed to be going to Prop Store - Ultimate Movie Collectables (famous store for movie collectables) where they'd have gone out with a Certificate of Authenticity. But since my uncle (who worked at Touchstone Pictures back then) knew the technical supervisor, Hooper was his name... he was able to somehow get them.

Unfortunately my Uncle has passed away 2 years ago, I never got round in asking him for anything which would help me prove this :(

I recieved a hand signed Poster from Nicolas Cage and Angeline Jolie with it back then.... but sold that a while ago; should have kept that at least as some kind of proof... or sell it with the belts...:chairshot

Whoah... didn't know that they were going so cheap! Well... since I have no proof what so ever... guess I'll have to change the pricing:( Paid nearly $2'000.- back then:bawling:

NEW PRICE... £300.- which includes the bolt ends and snap hooks (have both of them) plus shipping/paypal costs :(
I work in the film industry myself and have a lot of props used in film and tv and a signed photo of an actor doesn't work as any proof that an item was used in a film unless the photo show the actual item being used in the movie with its serial numbers or discerning marks if it has any.

The fact that you have used them yourself takes away from them as well.

You paid $2000 for some belts out of a stunt car that was wreaked during filming which most likely meant the star wasn't even in the car,wow they seen you coming dude! Even with Nicolas cage or Angelina jolie's signature there not worth that price!

So really these are just a normal USED set of harness. Think id rather have a new pair for £190.50 + £6.00 shipping. I could buy them and just say they were used in gone in 60 seconds:chuckle:

Good luck with the sale buddy but if i was you id come way down on that price or fire them up on ebay:thumbsup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... feel like someone just kicked me in the balls, ripped them out and threw them over the fence!:eek:

Never expected to be ripped off like that:( Hey, thanks for the info... will keep that in mind next time round. have a few collectables at home... luckily with a certificate...

Puuh... this hurts...

Hmm...well, have no use for these anymore... so I'll just sell them like you said.

New Price for both harnesses incl snaphooks/bolt ends £225 plus shipping/paypal costs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts