GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ooooh, I've been a busy girl!:D

Nottingham meet next Friday 5th July, as requested by Qnoice in Denmark (just my bit for Anglo - Danish relations!;) )

The usual Derby suspects so far:

Elvira and Draxx
Dave Wilkins
Jim Gill
UK Skyman
Stomuk

Qnoice asked if anyone was in Nottingham that day cause he is visiting his missis, and he's never seen a skyline:confused:

So....I got all girly and took pity and asked the boys if we could have a Skyline whipround:p

Venue will be posted as soon as Stormuk lets me know!!!

Anybody interested???

Caroline:smokin:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Let us know where the venue is ASAP and i will inform the MKIV Supras forum... The more the better...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Bummer.

I'll be at Silverstone that day watching the testing for the GP.

Bummer. :(

·
Registered
592 Posts
Okay Peeps

Now being kinda thorough Ive just spent a hour and a bit zipping around south Notts B roads which was a chore I can tell you....

And its either The Griffin Inn at Plumtree or the Tiger Moth at Tollerton...

Griffin has the advantage of being nearly next door to charlesworths, and even though I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone, they usually have some nice imports that I thought Qnoice and a few others might want to look around. The Beer garden is nice but the only downer is its not the biggest of car parks.

Tiger Moth is in the next village on and has a bigger carpark and erm aeroplanes - oh and beer of course :). In fact it might be an Idea if we go here to park in the helicopter companies car park so we can be all together

I also think the route is kinda fun – a lot of long sighted country roads with no camera’s (after you get off the A453 that is)

So suppose its a headcount to see which is the best venue...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're a star!

Tony

Thanks for that!:D

Tiger Moth sounds fine.

What's everyone else think?

Directions Tony?

Caroline:cool:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Where abouts is you friend going to be Elvira? Used to live in Nottm so I know plenty of easily accessible place (Wollaton Park just of M1-A52 for instance?).

Never been to Charlesworth so that would be cool too but isn't that off towards Grantham way?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim

I don't know mate, he just pm'd me and said he was visiting his girlfriend in Notts and was there likely to be a meet that day!!

I've no idea where she lives! I've also never met him!!!

But then I'd never met you lot either and that never stopped us did it!!!:D

How's Rajan and Jay?

Caroline:)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Doing fine, little bogger is always hungry so Jay's tired as hell. Wouldn't change anything for the world mind. Kids are great aren't they?

Any chance you can get in touch with this chap/his misses and find out where they are? One or two of us could even pick them up and give them a ride to chosen venue? That would be nice for them eh?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I dont mind picking him up seeing Im actually in Nottingham.. Though given a choice of R34 GTR and R33 GTS - Jim might be best :)

I thought of Wollaton but then they dont serve beers/crisps etc and not sure they open at night to be honest.

I guessed one of the main requirements of a evening meet was a pub thus why I didnt think of parks etc, if thats not the case then there is always National watersports centre carpark if you like water/kyaks etc (I had to add that with the watersports and some of you lot :)...

I thought South Notts to keep Motorway & Derby side peeps away from the cats (the only cameras I know in Notts and they are gits about 3 miles worth of camera tracking..... The only other thing we have are scary signs of cameras with no cameras)

Im open to the park choice if thats whats best.

Oh and thought it best to mention I lied about the planes - it is a airport but a very quite one so the chance of a plane might be slight :) )

·
Registered
298 Posts
Good point about the SPECS cameras in Notts, pain in the butt!!!!

I don't really mind where it is, not gonna be able to have a drink so didn't even think about pubs :(

Deano, can you think of any large carparked pubs that are easily accessible and find?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hmm

Opps yeah SPECS (I hate em as nearly as much as cats thus why I call em cats coz there evil)

The two pubs I mentioned are just off the A52 if you dont want the windy roads just I thought Id find a fun route as well as a boring one...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sorry mate, where abouts are they then? Not sure I'm exact on the location for them. Directions wise. The one near Charlesworth sounds good, never been there.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nearest town is West Bridgford if that rings any bells - Ill do a detailed map if needed and agreed upon (both ways)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ah, good old W Bridge'!
Know the place now, I take it we will be close to our cars if we're going there then :)

Everyone else let us all know what you think and I guess Stormuk can give us directions then eh?

·
Registered
362 Posts
pubs! with gardens!

theres a couple of pubs with large car parks i can think of ones the beef eater on the A610 1/2 a mile from J26 of the M1, that ones got a garden and stuff the other one is the Travelers rest at Maperly ? im easy either way but dont forget the road works and road closures.

Dean

·
Registered
418 Posts
Notts Meet

Ayup everyone

Finally got round to registering, yep im coming, its in my neck of the woods this time, Tiger moth probably the best bet, usually dead though but plenty of room in the car park. Anyone coming in on the A610 and the A52 - observe the speed limit! there are some very nasty cameras.

Calv

1 - 20 of 67 Posts