GTR Forum banner

NOVA VS GTR

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  NISFAN 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Can't watch it here at work, but it sounds like Henry's old R33. I seem to recall they did 2 or 3 runs ... and Henry took it easy until the last run (i.e. he only ran at a lower boosting setting until the last run).

#4 ·
yeah, i have seen this in rotherham on the road!! was last year iirc the paint was different tho t had the german and english flag on the roof and his times down the wings,,bhp,0-60,track times and his records

#9 ·
Was there too, what a brill day and Henry was / is a bit of a lad !!

#11 ·
SteveN said:
Going by the spec of the nova that i remember, it was more like 600bhp, 300 per engine.
Will at CosVaux in Sheffield had the car while it was over here. It ran 2 x EDS stage 3.5 C20LET motors pushing a claimed 315hp each in the video but the motors were later rebuilt to 400hp spec while the car was rebuilt/painted after the bonnet opened at 160mph and slammed into the windscreen [req a new roof skin as well].

#14 ·
Am I the only one who doesn't really see the point in this?

Sure, it seems to be equivalent in power to the Skyline - but at what cost? I doubt it is remotely driveable, nor comfortable as a daily driver.

I get why its done, the whole "proof of concept", but it seems a waste of time to me :confused:

#16 ·
Durzel said:
Am I the only one who doesn't really see the point in this?

Sure, it seems to be equivalent in power to the Skyline - but at what cost? I doubt it is remotely driveable, nor comfortable as a daily driver.

I get why its done, the whole "proof of concept", but it seems a waste of time to me :confused:

Very practical, run it on one engine until a skyline pulls up next to you:D

You wouldn't be able to drive round much on two engines anyway, the amount of heat coming off the rear engine will turn the cabin up to gas mark 5, aaah well only a roasted nova driver, no loss there:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.