GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Great pics! Pity the first one us cropped bumper wise!
:thumbsup:
Bob

·
Registered
591 Posts
what camera are you using for these shots? if you're using a DSLR, I've found polarising lens filters make a huge difference for taking photos of static cars - you can cut right through the reflections with them and really bring out the lines of the car

Get on speedhunters for more car photography stuff - I tend to browse through there most lunchtimes at work and have picked up a few pointers from there

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
The 2nd one really captures it for me, well done.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what camera are you using for these shots? if you're using a DSLR, I've found polarising lens filter a huge difference for taking photos of static cars - you can cut right through the reflections with them and really bring out the lines of the car

Get on speedhunters for more car photography stuff - I tend to browse through there most lunchtimes at work and have picked up a few pointers from there
Thanks for the advice.

Im using a canon 7d .... ive got polarising filters and didnt think to use them. Mainly because of not being sure how they affect the picture. If the sun is out tomorrow I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
720 Posts
it would be hard to take a bad picture with a 7d but as said above i prefer the 2nd pic,don't keep your camera in auto mode (p) i think,but experiment with the other modes of the camera,and plan what your taking pics of and make sure you get the subject matter in shot when you want to,
also you might find that when you take pics with a slower or faster aperture,the light will play a big part of the picture (night for day/day for night)this is when the light is changing first thing in the morning,from night to day and also the other way round at night,I'm not being critical its just i have done the same thing,also if you can get yourself down to a race track and try and get some pics of the moving cars,easier said than done if you want your pics to show movement,

these are just my opinions but good luck with your photography.

simon

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it would be hard to take a bad picture with a 7d but as said above i prefer the 2nd pic,don't keep your camera in auto mode (p) i think,but experiment with the other modes of the camera,and plan what your taking pics of and make sure you get the subject matter in shot when you want to,
also you might find that when you take pics with a slower or faster aperture,the light will play a big part of the picture (night for day/day for night)this is when the light is changing first thing in the morning,from night to day and also the other way round at night,I'm not being critical its just i have done the same thing,also if you can get yourself down to a race track and try and get some pics of the moving cars,easier said than done if you want your pics to show movement,

these are just my opinions but good luck with your photography.

simon
Cheers for the advice.

I dont use auto mode. I try to use full manual and experiment with different shutter speeds
etc. I'm always at goodwood practising the motion shots. I got a great one of the new mclaren P1 at the bahrain gp circuit.

Im trying to be a little bit more arty with subjects and editing.

But any advice is greatly received.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'd steer away from putting frames on like your first image in this thread mate, they can make a well composed shot look like it's been instagrammed up to its eyeballs.

The p1 shot is coming up about the size of a postage stamp for me, any chance you could link to a larger version?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts