GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Now the beast has gone I hope you don't mind me still sticking around.

I've grown attatched to this place and don't want to leave this board just because my Skyline has gone.

Hope this is okay?

Chris :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
hang around

not problem as a time will come when u hanker after another one u cannot stay away from the beast for too long you get hooked on it and not much else compares,what mini you got cooper s opr coper ?? good fun arent they seem to go round corners like ther on rails for small car,any problems or questoins on car let me know as work for bm

lee

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent new mate, I'l hold you to that one! :D

I went for the Cooper (too long to wait for an S) but this thing is amazing!!

I've never know anything handle so well (I'm not joking) it's great fun!

I will get a Skyline again but I'll let my insurance go down a little first!..

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Chris

I'm going to have a test drive myself sometime soon. For sure it's a different car; I'm curious as to how much it is. Have fun !

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is great fun!!

I've been giving it a good blast over the weekend and everything I've thrown at it, it's handled like a piece of cake!

Mine has the Sport Suspension PLUS and 17" wheels on it so this may add to it's extra stability and handling! :D

I've also found out a little more about the Works conversion.

£2200 for a full engine tune, exhaust upgrade etc. adding another 30+ BHP!

Doh, I'm thinking about mods already! :D

Chris

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mini

My better half is the HR manager for the paintshop at the plant in Oxford, so more often than not we get different cars to play around with at weekends.

Had a cooper in red with the white stripes this weekend and chucked it around somthing silly - you can actually drive around roundabouts with the arse hanging out from lift off oversteer, great fun..

Just pushing for a Cooper S now on the discount scheme to go with my 3 Series, fab ! ! !

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Works conversion on Cooper S

HardTimes

Are you getting the works conversion on your cooper?
I've been trying to find out if they do this on the Cooper S but it seems only to be for the Cooper and Mini One.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bajie

It is something they only do for the One and Cooper at the moment but it's something I'm deffinitely looking at.

Here's what you get

Replacement high compression-ratio cylinder head - match-ported, polished and gas flowed, plus a new free-flow air filter system and all new stainless steel rear exhaust system. Gas flow efficiency is optimised from entry to exit and this, combined with subtle changes within the electronic engine management system that improve the torque curve, ensures superb driveability across the full engine speed range. Every component is matched and balanced providing a worthwhile increase in power from 115ps up to 132ps, improving through the gears performance and top speed. All this is achieved with minimal degradation of fuel consumption. Above all, the car sounds and feels 'right', living up to the true legend of the Mini Cooper

They also fit full badging and Engine plate complete with customer number etc. so people will knows it's genuine!

Sounds great I think! :D

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Looked at the Cooper site www.johncooper.co.uk
It doesn't affect your warranty either!
Just have to convince the missus she needs one now :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha, tell her the more the power the safer the drive! :D

Yeah, I was impressed that the warrenty stays intact :)

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Went to BMW/Mini dealer in Haslemere at lunchtime.
JohnCooper working on mods for Cooper S.

They also had an M3 Convertible for sale with 100miles on the clock.

Big price difference though ...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Paul Fox....

Whats your wifes name mate, it isnt Paula is it? Know a few folk at BMW/Mini.....

SI

·
Registered
109 Posts
There is a guy on the RS Board that runs a 200bhp Metro Tubo engine in his mini...apparently it is an animal..LOL....(btw The engine gets rebuilt every 6000miles apparently!!!!!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts