GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTC, full CF bonnet. Needs to be seen in flesh. Fitment and quality, unbelievable as You can see. I didn't expect it soo great. Also was not sure about all the holes and vents, but after just a day i LOVE it. Enjoy pics....

just still not sure if too keep it as it is, or clearcoated it

·
Registered
634 Posts
I am not feeling the dry carbon on a black car - would have looked good on all other colours but I think a wet look would have looked better (hope I got the terminology right)

The bonnet itself is stunning.

Kp

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Saw this bonnet a while back and love it. I would have personally bought and fitted the same bonnet if I had kept my black 35 as well as autoselect front splitter, lowering springs etc

Great stuff:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Saw this bonnet a while back and love it. I would have personally bought and fitted the same bonnet if I had kept my black 35 as well as autoselect front splitter, lowering springs etc

Great stuff:thumbsup:

i feel for you Mel. wish things worked out.

Nice Jan :)

what bonnet looks like to defo second to weight saving and superior cooling, and i hope Jan does a great time at Nurbergring on next visit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just out of curiosity - how did you get a black spec car with silver wheels?
I couldn't get silver wheels for my SILVER car no matter how hard I asked!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok I tracked it today a lot. I can say that it's rock solid and stable even in higher speeds 130 mph+. Have to say that all the vents really work, and they work very well. You can see from inside the hot air moving above the vents. Also the car works cooler, engine and a bit tranny. I can not say exact numbers because todays temperatures were a bit lower /24C/. But what is very noticable is that it cools itself MUCH faster. Tranny from 139 to 125 C within 3 minutes of lower rev driving.

So after first test I'm very happy with it. Just thinking how to paint it. One option is clear coat, another one is black to match the car and just let some part /vents/ clearcoated to show the carbon structure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts