GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spot the bike...

Swedish police displayed the results of a crash where a motorcycle going 155 mph hit a car and killed both occupants.

The Swedish Police and Road Safety Department displayed the wreckage of this car-motorcycle collision at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair. The rider, who had recently obtained his license, was estimated to be going 155 mph (250 km) when he hit the car, which was moving slowly through an intersection.

The rider never had time to react at all at that speed. The impact flipped the car and threw it 10 feet from the point of impact. The rider and both occupants of the car, all dead, were found in the car.

·
Registered
662 Posts
my m8 sent me this a few weeks back
when you study the pick and think of the concequence its shocking

there isnt enough room in that car for the bike let alone 3 ppl

i wouldnt like to have been the guy who had to clean the car up to make it presentable for this shock tactic
but if it saves one person its worth it

Frightening it is

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
ProjectBlue said:
In my opinion this is the best way to instruct people. Shock the sh1t out of them and maybe they will think :(
Never works tbh. Unless you face the body parts and gory details first hand you won`t fully give such things much respect. Joe Blogs sees these pictures and does it make him drive slower, no. He come`s round the corner see the results of a bad accident first hand, that would be enough to leave a permenant reminder. I`m not saying that everyone should see an accident first hand to appreceate the damage that can be done but most people look at these pictures/crash props and think "It won`t happen to me".

I also feel there are too many "fatal" pictures being put on car forums, it`s almost like people enjoy seeing the devastating images............

S

·
0 Posts
Trev said:
I also feel there are too many "fatal" pictures being put on car forums, it`s almost like people enjoy seeing the devastating images............
I agree Trey and we all know that these sort of images are all there for anyone to see at rotten.com or wreckedexotics etc.

If someone wants to share a terrible accident with us and in detailing it hope that none of us suffer the same then fair play, but I simply dont want to see mangled cars where people have died.

Thanks

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I disagree, I think we need to see pics like this. It reminds us of what can happen in moments of madness, which we all have.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
You are correct, an actual crash scene is far more shocking than a cleaned up wreck, I guess its why I dont bother with a motorbike.

If looking at wrecks put ppl off speeding then people who visit scrapyards should all be carefull drivers, As this is not the case I guess it doesnt work.

Mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts