GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Interesting comparison video here, really liking Jethro as a motoring journalist on DriveTribe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7snaU5xxW0

Been a few interesting videos and threads comparing the GTR and NSX etc. Let's just say I think the people who withdrew their orders on the NSX did the right thing ;)
Great to see 10 year old R35 Nissan tech, still rocking it with the big boys, and beating modern day hybrid tech as well!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to see 10 year old R35 Nissan tech, still rocking it with the big boys, and beating modern day hybrid tech as well!
Agreed, interesting that it was weighed at over 1800kg too and made 'only' 530hp on Litchos dyno due to suspected crappy fuel

·
R35 Section manager
10,918 Posts
My money was on the 911 Turbo as the 35 is a few years old now. Not forgetting it would be easier and cheaper to mod the 35 to a better spec but to be honest I think the result from a standard car is excellent

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Interesting comparison video here, really liking Jethro as a motoring journalist on DriveTribe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7snaU5xxW0

Been a few interesting videos and threads comparing the GTR and NSX etc. Let's just say I think the people who withdrew their orders on the NSX did the right thing ;)
What's really interesting is that the NSX battery seems to stop assisting around 100mph and had used about 1/4 of it's battery by then.

That Porsche looks an incredible car out of the box.

·
R35 Section manager
10,918 Posts
What's really interesting is that the NSX battery seems to stop assisting around 100mph and had used about 1/4 of it's battery by then.

That Porsche looks an incredible car out of the box.

Yes I noticed it slowed right down at the 100mph point-Looking at the video I thought the 35 was quite a bit more than just 1 second quicker but then saw the 911 and thought maybe not:tard:;)

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Remember though if you are in to modding, the 911 engine doesn't respond anything like as well as the gtr. You certainly can't get close to 800+bhp with doing internal work, unlike the gtr which will breeze this with just bolt ons.

You can run 700 reliably with bolt ons which the Porsche can't match.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Remember though if you are in to modding, the 911 engine doesn't respond anything like as well as the gtr. You certainly can't get close to 800+bhp with doing internal work, unlike the gtr which will breeze this with just bolt ons.

You can run 700 reliably with bolt ons which the Porsche can't match.
My 996 was over 700hp for about a year stock motor, same as GTR manage the torque and let the HP rip

·
Registered
434 Posts
My 996 was over 700hp for about a year stock motor, same as GTR manage the torque and let the HP rip
Mezgers can easily handle as much as a GTR and comfortably more. I think the newer direct injections motors can't but are rapid out of the box.

Saying that a mate did completely destroy his turbos on his 991 Turbo S on a Silverstone trackday but apparently that was down to his aftermarket exhaust?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts