GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Welcome chap, ill have to be careful what I say about you now!! Lol ;-) Surrogate mother! I like it!..

Just tried to post some pics but need to have 15 posts under my belt first

Forum rules I'm afraid! Apparently it makes since! 50 posts b4 you can sell anything! Keep on posting those ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome chap, ill have to be careful what I say about you now!! Lol ;-) Surrogate mother! I like it!..

Forum rules I'm afraid! Apparently it makes since! 50 posts b4 you can sell anything! Keep on posting those ;-)
I joined in 07 but never really spent any time on here

Im lovin the Getrag box ....... ive built many a WRC gearbox in my time and non of them have had gears as big as whats in the GTR box

Proper kit !

Love it :cool:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

Im lovin the Getrag box ....... ive built many a WRC gearbox in my time and non of them have had gears as big as whats in the GTR box

Proper kit !

If you have some time come to Cyprus i have one for you to rebuild. :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

Proper kit !

That's true passion for you!!! :-D now get back to work!!!! ;-)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Haha, didnt know gtr's came out with a diesel engine!!!
Its not original! But with the price of fuel these days, we thought it makes sense to go with something a bit smaller and more economical! Besides with the weight saving it will probably be just as quick as with a stock rb! And I should be quite unique!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Thats not good to hear! but i've heard so many conflicting pieces of advice, the people i trust so far, Mark, Lee, Ian have recommended the Tiens, so lets put it to the test and see what happens. I believe setup, camber alignment, tracking, wheels, tires, ect. have an awful lot to do with keeping the wheels in contact with the road at speed, so deferent cars will react differently to the Tiens, hopefully my car will react well!

I also need the adjustable ride height, I saw the pics of your car as soon as you fitted the s-tunes, and if thats only 30mm lower than stock ride height, im concerned with only a 20mm drop, i may still have problems! (my garage has strange entrance!) how many k's were on the shocks, is it posable they have sagged a bit! as the stock ride hight on my car seemed like it was on stilts!

For sale btw, if any one wants some stock stilts! :chuckle:
The Superstreets on my 33 are excellent, Rod Bell at RB recommended them so I went with them.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Steve,
I'm delivering your rear camber arms to Lee tomorrow morning, so I'll have a sniff at the gearbox housing and few other bits, if ok with Lee!

Ian

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Just time for a very quick update!

Had the rear Nismo spats re-painted buy my new Gym spotter! one of the perks of having a paint department in the studio i'm currently contacted to!..

Perfect, i will add carbon fibber trim/edging pieces i have fabricated, to protect the ends against the exhaust heat.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts