GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Here is the actual Engine, Compression test came out spot on, and short of a few missing nuts all looks really healthy.

Here's a few piccys of the Box being rebuilt

Then some more bad news came last Thursday as we discovered the front wheels don't have any drive!! Looks like the transfer box needs to come back out, and i think Neilo is going to help us out with a uprated clutch pack from Prodrive as used on he's race car! :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
As promised here are the bags from all the old syncro rings that were replaced, i've tried to capture all the part numbers for those that need and have requested them, sorry for the delays, its taken a few months just to order the parts needed, thinking these aren't just setting on the shelf at Nissan!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
The original splitters had a few damaged sections, so these had to be repaired and the rusty old bolts needed to be cut out!

Both parts received a full rubdown and were re-lacquered with a special plasticiser clear coat. It was important to keep the original carbon finish i didn't want to cheat and just fill and paint them back, and I've seen a 34 with the upper splitter/spoiler painted in Silver but i feel it makes the front end look really bluff tall!

The bolts will be replaced with M6 SS Allen heads all cut to measure (save weight! :chuckle:) and SS Chimney nuts to match!

As promised!! inspired by the R35 splitter, i didn't like the 10 huge bolt recess holes on the underside of the front carbon splitter and so created individually moulded bungs for each hole to help minimise the disturbance of airflow underneath.

Difficult to take a good picture as its so shiny!! :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Some quick updates for you all, whilst waiting for the Transfer box to be repaired, i seized the opportunity to rip out the dash and take up Steve's very kind offer at Edge Automotive to re-trim it in Alcantara for me :D
very pleased so far!

Its only half finished at the mo, but you get the idea!

The Egal eyed of you may have spotted the new ECU! ;)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I had no luck finding replacement hard lines from the hubs to the callipers so we had these nice stainless steel jobies fabricated for a perfect fit, along with the new Nismo lines to replace the factory rubber stuff and Castrol's SFS fluid, were on our way to sorting out that spongy peddle!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Thanks Guys, its all coming together now, I've had to push really hard to get it ready for the mapping session on Thursday, so please keep your fingers and toes crossed!! I just cant believe its now June, we just seam to have had so many setbacks and delays, but its important to get it right! :thumbsup:

Pictures to follow soon!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Awesome work mate, and thanks for your input on my thread.

Can I ask what work you did on your engine and what the specs are in relation?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
As promised here are the bags from all the old syncro rings that were replaced, i've tried to capture all the part numbers for those that need and have requested them, sorry for the delays, its taken a few months just to order the parts needed, thinking these aren't just setting on the shelf at Nissan!

How many synchros did you change? that was all in the pic? no bearings no seals?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Awesome work mate, and thanks for your input on my thread.

Can I ask what work you did on your engine and what the specs are in relation?

Hi Mikey, i do wish you had taken that the input and done something with it, but i think the head is the least of your worries, i just hope you can get to the bottom of your engine woes!

i want to do a full write up on the engine when it's finally ready and im 100% happy, still amazes me how long it takes to order stuff from Japan, but to be fair they have recently had more important things to worry about other than my N1, and as experience shows, sometimes its just better to wait, sit back and take it all in your stride, as rushing things never works out!;)

A quick teaser for you, it's a fresh 2.8 N1 with a few Cosworth goodies, all necessary supporting mods and an AEM series two :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
How many synchros did you change? that was all in the pic? no bearings no seals?
Hi sorry for such a late response i've been preoccupied with all sorts!!:blahblah:

i had all the synchros done at the same time, i think there were ten in total! All seals were done and of coarse bearings, plus a good refresh. i just don't have the parts numbers for these on me, sorry! But im sure Mark at Abbey would be willing to advise, or just give Lee at FQ performance a call. I have a schematic somewhere, ill dig it out and upload it one day when i can find the time;)

Theres no point in doing a half arse'd job and only replacing a couple bits, whilst its out, it may as well get sorted properly! Thats my attitude to things anyway! Probably why it's taking so bloody long lol!!

Also had the Transfer box overhauled, by Ron @ RK and one of Neil's superdoper racieing clutcth packs fitted, to sort out the 4 wheel drive issuse, and the mess left behind caused buy the privouse owner fiting 245/45s on the back and 265/35s on the front! Plonka!!!!:mad::rolleyes::chairshot

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Holy **** thats a nice dash! Looks like my friends old E55 Designo interior!

Hows the quality? How much did it cost you?

Sorry for too many questions, but I`m too excited!

Awsome project!

61 - 80 of 87 Posts