GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the number in the windscreen just above the rear view mirror is for?? I have noticed this on a few cars.. and mine has it too..

Be intrigued to know!

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Think it is for the Japanese 'Shaken' (MOT) expiry date. :)

None of my two imports have them on. Think they add a bit of character to the car though. :cool:

·
Registered
241 Posts
The number above the rear view mirror is the japanese auction grade given to the car.
Generally speaking the higher the number, the better the car.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know.. I wondered if is was auction grade.. is a number in a square coloured sticker..

Lee

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes!!??

I think it does come in different colours too...?
What is it for then? shaken or auction grade?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I don't know.. I wondered if is was auction grade.. is a number in a square coloured sticker..

Lee
It is on the inside right?
It is for Shaken. If you have a circular sticker with a
car on it, that is probably a parking permit.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car has a number '3' in a red square stikcer just behind the rear view.. I thought it my be auction grade?? but I know the car looked mint when it came from Japan..?? plus auction grades have half grades and that wouldn't fit on the sticker?

What do you reckon then?? who else has a number?
Lee

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Not an auction sticker...

Like HyRev and the others have said, the one on the front windscreen are the Shaken expire date. If your car has recently (last 3 years or so) been imported it will be a small square with the year in it. If your car has been around a while it will be a bigger round sticker...

The parking pass used to be round with a lil blue car in the middle and were placed in the rear window...been a couple years though...coulda changed.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
My car has a number '3' in a red square stikcer just behind the rear view.. I thought it my be auction grade?? but I know the car looked mint when it came from Japan..?? plus auction grades have half grades and that wouldn't fit on the sticker?

What do you reckon then?? who else has a number?
Lee
Mine has a 1 on it. I thought mine would have
been at least a 3 or 4 tops. LOL, it is to tell you
when your Shaken is due. The color of the sticker
helps the police when they are looking for old/exp.
shaken stickers to issue out tickets.

·
6,817 Posts
It's one of japans nightmares
Shaken is a compulsory safety inspection, which cars in Japan have to undergo every two years, except new cars, for which the first inspection is not due until three years after purchase. The shaken typically costs between 100,000 and 200,000 Yen, and besides the actual inspection includes a weight tax (typically 8,000 to 50,000 Yen) and a mandatory insurance (about 30,000 Yen).
Owning and operating a car, however, is linked with various considerable expenses, including compulsory inspections (shaken) every two to three years, various taxes, mandatory and optional insurance, high parking costs in cities, and expensive toll expressways.:blahblah:

·
Registered
646 Posts
The numbers indicate which month the Shakken expires?
Feb = 2. March = 3.?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts