GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the size of the photos. Was changing my stock yellow bulbs out for some hyper white LED's and noticed the plastic covers were REALLY dirty. Thought I would make a basic how to on cleaning and changing the bulbs out and the outcome. Takes about 10-15 minutes to do.

Tools: t10/501 bulbs
phillips head screw driver

Start off by removing the covers. They are held on by two screws for each cover. Once removed the cover and fitting will pull down. Simply pull on the plastic cover to remove it from the fitting.

This shows how dirty the covers were. I used a little brake cleaner and some dish soap with warm water to remove the grime. A little scrubbing with a toothbrush or soft wire brush will remove most of the dirt.

Put the new bulbs in and test them to make sure they work and the polarities are correct. Re-assemble the covers and admire your work. Looks much better!

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
funny you should post this as i was thinking of doing the same, but i forgot to take any photos before so its kinda pointless now.i was actually very shocked how mucky the inside was. they were identical to yours.

good work chap i personally think its little things like this that make our cars stand out that little bit more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Flipping nora I thought they had over spray on them. Mine were a little dirty but no where that bad. Great turn around though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
funny you should post this as i was thinking of doing the same, but i forgot to take any photos before so its kinda pointless now.i was actually very shocked how mucky the inside was. they were identical to yours.

good work chap i personally think its little things like this that make our cars stand out that little bit more.
Sorry about the size of the photos. Was changing my stock yellow bulbs out for some hyper white LED's and noticed the plastic covers were REALLY dirty. Thought I would make a basic how to on cleaning and changing the bulbs out and the outcome. Takes about 10-15 minutes to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts