GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a boring question this..

Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the number plates that are fitted to R33 GTRs? I've got a crack in my front numberplate want to replace it. I wouldn't mind doing the rear one at the same time if I'm going to use a non standard font (ooer naughty).

Saves me going outside in the rain with a tape measure :)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Durzel,

For the rear, if you use a standard two-line plate with standard lettering in the standard locations (pretyy standard then:) ) and place it on the bracket the top row of numbers is then lifted, slightly, into the recess above the plate.

From the point of view of a dollowing driver it looks acceptable. From high gantrys (i.e. above motorways) it has the effect that speed cameras can't pick up the top row. eeven some roadside mounted cameras miss enough of the top row to make the job of finding you a bit difficult.

Not that I would suggest anyone do such a thing!:eek:

John

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
plates

can get you new plates made to exact size if you like, also make them with anti camera reflectant glaze.

not very legal though, but hey who cares.

normal plates front a back £ 30 pair
anti cam £ 60 pair

Same plates thats on on my car, also made some for Shins cars.

Pm me if you want some. fronts are small ones.

nothing worse than a nice looking car with shit motorcycle looking plates.

Dirk.

ps. offer open to anyone else with shit plates., have dims already for R33 and R34.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might have to take you up on that offer.

Here is a pic of my current rear plate (reg obscured):

I take it this is the standard motorcycle plate size. I'm guessing the plates you mean would be the same size front and back? Any pics I can look at to see roughly what this would look like?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts