GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

A friend has just had a Blitz NUR Spec-R full exhaust (no cat) system fitted. Now we all like to let people know we're coming, but the noise from it is way too loud. It literally rattles the neighbours windows. He is worried that he will be pulled over for it and it's so bad on longer journeys that he is considering binning it and going back to standard. It did come with a separate silencer but fitting that for everyday running surely defeats the object of a better breathing straight through system.

The question is does anyone on the Register have the same system? If so, how is it for noise? Also, where could he get it checked for dB levels.

Thanks in advance.

Vince.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi, I used to have a Trust exhaust and it was way too loud that I fear of waking up my neighbours when I come back home at night. I had since changed it to a Super Drager. However, later I learn that Apex'i has this exhaust valve which could control the flow and hence the sound from the exhaust. I don't know whether it affects the performance but perhaps your friend should try it before changing the exhaust again.
BTW, the Super Drager also came with a small silencer which I now use. I don't find any effect on the performance though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts