1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You've defo got skills Sam, but what's more impressive is the respect you showed the Nordschleife on your first trip in the 32. Too many people who think there good on track go there and think there good there too, and end up not driving home. Fair play.

Enjoyed the vids, cheers for sharing

Greg

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tommy and Mark - thanks lads - me too!!!!!

Greg - yeah the 'ring scares the crap out of me - the faster corners are lethal! The GP track is so safe in comparison, was such a bonus getting to do both:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I like the way how calm You are while driving and how Your steering wheel moving is precise and not jerking around. Very nice!!

Tell me, are you using your iPhone as a kind of "Car DVR"?

Cheers,
RoB

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the way how calm You are while driving and how Your steering wheel moving is precise and not jerking around. Very nice!!

Tell me, are you using your iPhone as a kind of "Car DVR"?

Cheers,
RoB
Lol calm is definitely not how it felt!! Using the iphone for harrys lap timer app.. amazingly it seems really accurate:)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The slower You move the faster You go ;)
- she keeps on telling me that too... Or something like that!;) ;)

Johnnypolish - my 32 has an uprated back diff - not quite as good as welded but similar! You're going to love going there with yours... Must have been awesome in the sx though:)

Ian - thanks mate! Wouldn't have left if I'd had my way! How many times have you been? Remember watching a vid you posted (I think) but can't find it now.. Am I getting confused?
I've only done a few laps but would love to see my car being driven by seine that knows the track and check the B.t.g time. I seriously reckon with a proper driver it'd do well below 8:00! Car is on road tyres too (Kumho ku36).
Do you know how fast you go through foxhole? The guy with the 997 gt3 did a 8:03 when we were there and said he was doing 160 through foxhole! My speed was only about 140! My old Datsun is faster than his porker too:)

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,040 Posts
I'm just back from trip #23 and I'm off out again in September along with two days at Spa.

There's a few vids of me and/or Robbie on the Nordschleife knocking about. It's an epic place and, if it's any consolation, I still get nervous on my first couple of laps each visit.

I've no idea how fast I go anywhere on there if I'm honest. Too much going on to think about looking at the speedo, except for DH on a trackday where I've seen 171 on GPS. I always drive it with the boost turned off.
The Foxhole is absolutely not the place to be looking at your speedo! 8-O lol .....but some of the top 24hr VLN cars - which do sub-7 BTG - barely touch 160mph through there, so I doubt your mate got anywhere near that. ;-)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm just back from trip #23 and I'm off out again in September along with two days at Spa.

There's a few vids of me and/or Robbie on the Nordschleife knocking about. It's an epic place and, if it's any consolation, I still get nervous on my first couple of laps each visit.

I've no idea how fast I go anywhere on there if I'm honest. Too much going on to think about looking at the speedo, except for DH on a trackday where I've seen 171 on GPS. I always drive it with the boost turned off.
The Foxhole is absolutely not the place to be looking at your speedo! 8-O lol .....but some of the top 24hr VLN cars - which do sub-7 BTG - barely touch 160mph through there, so I doubt your mate got anywhere near that. ;-)

-23 times - respect :bowdown1:

what dates are you going in sept?

I'm in the same boat as you re trying to read the speedo, I've either got my eyes closed due to sheer terror or am concentration too much on trying not to get lost! my friend with the GT3 has been lots of times, done quite a few sub 8 min laps btg in various cars M3csl/cayman/gt3 996/997.

I'm curious to see what a Skyline GTR would do with modern tyres and brakes and a bit more power. I see from your sig you managed 8:10, any progress with this time?

Would like to see those vids:)

I still have 5 laps left on my ticket and would like to go again, ideally at a time when the gp track is open as this gives me a chance to go for it in relative safety.. on the nordschleife I don't have the plums to attack the faster sections properly, cornering at over 100mph is something I hardly ever do. I have ultimate respect for those that do though:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.