GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this little idea seemed to loose momentum...

Is there anyone out there who is still up for the trip, cause I certainly am and it only takes a couple of cars to make it worthwhile. Please post below those still interested, or call me on 07808 936776 to discuss.

Rupert

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dear...

I had it down for the 14th - 15th September. I can't make the 21st - 22nd.

Rupert

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Re: Oh dear...

Rupert said:
I had it down for the 14th - 15th September. I can't make the 21st - 22nd.

Rupert
Well, if enough skylines will be there, I'll try and make it that weekend too, LOL.
Looks like we are the only ones interested BTW.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Total Chaos ?

Well, I can be there as well on the Sunday if I want to.

Remember opening times:
14th sa 14.00 - 19.30
15th so 8.00 - 19.30

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
we'll be there 21st/22nd!

As covered in the other thread, I'm taking 3 ex-Skyliners (Nick Paddy: new M3, Tim Milne: tuned 964 RS, me: tweaked F355 spider) and Rob Gunn: 400bhp R32 over on Friday 20th with a view to drive all day 21st and maybe a few laps on the Sunday before returning to Blighty.

We're staying at the Hotel Am Tiergarten in Nurburg on Fri and Sat night. Look forward to seeing any of you guys there and maybe catching some "ringmeister" time with Andre!

David Yu

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Check

David

I'll be there on Saturday 21st; perhaps Fridaynight. I'll take my M5 then. Look forward to it !

Andre.

PS anyone who's going Sept 16th then ? Let me know.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Re: Check

somberg said:
David

I'll be there on Saturday 21st; perhaps Fridaynight. I'll take my M5 then. Look forward to it !

Andre.

PS anyone who's going Sept 16th then ? Let me know.
Andre, won't you be there the 22nd?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Re: we'll be there 21st/22nd!

David.Yu said:
As covered in the other thread, I'm taking 3 ex-Skyliners (Nick Paddy: new M3, Tim Milne: tuned 964 RS, me: tweaked F355 spider) and Rob Gunn: 400bhp R32 over on Friday 20th with a view to drive all day 21st and maybe a few laps on the Sunday before returning to Blighty.

We're staying at the Hotel Am Tiergarten in Nurburg on Fri and Sat night. Look forward to seeing any of you guys there and maybe catching some "ringmeister" time with Andre!

David Yu
Richie

Who's "no one "??????

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
OK, I meant not much skylines, my fault.
I would like to see and maybe try if I fit in an R33 before getting one, so I thought this was an ideal chance.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Richie

Don't think there's much difference in space between R32/R33/R34 (correct me if I'm wrong please).
Alternatively, I'm quite sure that you can make an appointment with Abbey M/S (for instance) to have a look at the cars and sit in them. Just take an Easyjet flight + Easy Rent a Wreck to London on a Saturday.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
somberg said:
Richie

Don't think there's much difference in space between R32/R33/R34 (correct me if I'm wrong please).
Alternatively, I'm quite sure that you can make an appointment with Abbey M/S (for instance) to have a look at the cars and sit in them. Just take an Easyjet flight + Easy Rent a Wreck to London on a Saturday.
Maybe that would be easier, I could do it on a wednesday, my day off.
Andre, you have the best ideas!!
Lets see if there is any more interest in the 15th and 22nd for the trip, I hope there is, would be cool.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'll there

I’ll certainly be able to make it for the weekend of the 21/22 all day both days. The weekend of the 15/16 is looking a bit unlikely as I would like to fit a catch tank before I go there again in the Skyline but if I have time will most likely go in the Lotus Elise on Sunday Sept 16.

Paul.

PS Richard how tall are you My 6’2” brother fits fine and Andre looks even bigger and he gets into a Twingo :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
At last !

OK Paul

We'll meet at last then, at least on Saturday if not both days !:smokin:

Andre.

BTW Twingo is quite large, the only problem is you don't have much metal around you to be scrapped in case something happens...:confused:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Re: I'll there

Skylining said:

Paul.

PS Richard how tall are you My 6’2” brother fits fine and Andre looks even bigger and he gets into a Twingo :rolleyes:
Paul, like Andre said, the twingo isn't a problem, they have a lot of room behind the wheel. A lot of Japanese cars are a little cramped behind the wheel.
I am 193 cm, but have long legs.
If I get the R33 I am going to use it as a daily driver, so I have to be comfortable.

·
Registered
324 Posts
SO,

At the end of this particular day, who is going?

I'm prepared to fly over to Frankfurt (is there anywhere nearer) ? and drive a hire car up to the ring and circulate a few times if any of you other guys are going, but that would be on Sunday. Is Sunday still gonna be the main day ?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts