GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok - Moving on from my ‘Skyline driving tours’ thread, I think after consultation with a number of you, including ‘Autobahn Storming Guy’ and ‘Sicky Ferry Death Glen’, a second trip to the Nurburgring is in order.

I have always wanted to go, and I know that the participants of the last trip didn’t actually get to drive the circuit, so lets organise another trip. The idea behind this trip however is to be slightly more involved than the last with the tour taking in not just the mileage between here and the ring, but also a jaunt beyond, possibly down to the Black forest, Alps etc.

The whole trip will probably take four days, i.e. a long weekend.

I’m going to take the initiative and get the ball rolling by finding a core of people who are definitely up for it and booking tunnel / hotels in the near future. Anyone else who would like to then join in would of course be welcome, but at least it confirms that something will definitely happen with out the possible dragging on effect of a committee decision.

All suggestions and definite participants please respond below – The trip would look to be happening somewhere towards the end of August.

Rupert

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Nurburgring Trip Part 2

I'm in.

As I said I'm happy to provide German Hotel details, the last one we stayed at was great for the 'ring and in a great area.

We have the G-Force Dyno Day on the 24th of August, but the weekends of 10th, 17th and 31st are OK for me.

Guy

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I'm in as well

Would be nice to have an experienced driver like Andre their.

Cant make middle of August though.

glen

ps. Bruces 'do' is the 25th

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Glen, I'd be happy to be there.

I'm back from holiday in week 34. Remember to have a good look at the opening days of the Ring. On Saturday 24th Aug. there is a 4 hour event so it'll be closed that day and the day before.

The opening times can be found on
http://www.nuerburgring.de/angebote/sf_n_q3.htm

If you're looking at a long weekend, suitable weekends would be
10-11 Aug
17-18 Aug
7-8 Sep

I'd be able to do 7-8 Sep and maybe 17-18 Aug.

Andre.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Didn't take you long Andre

What about Zandvoort or anywhere else as well. I know you mentioned to me dates in October but I just cant work that far forward.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Glen

Just checked again - Zandvoort dates are 3rd and 27th Oct. nothing earlier unfortunately :mad:

If you have a specific date in your mind, I could check if there are testdays on Zandvoort or Assen on these days where it would be possible to join. Don't know if these will be in a weekend though.

I'd go to the Ring if I were you lot ;) ; I'm happy to show people who want that around so as to minimize chances of damage :( or total destruction :( :(

Andre.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Well done Rupert, the trip looks wicked. Also a lesson from Andre finishes it off. My money is being put towards something else now (yes dear the wedding :D ) but I would love to join you next year. Enjoy:)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dates for the trip!

Ok - It's down to either the weekend of the 17th - 18th August, or the 7th - 8th September?

Please can everyone reply which would be their preferred option.

Next is to decide the route. Any ideas?

Rupert

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ring trips

Either weekend is good by me since I’m there anyway :) and I’m happy to show people around in a ‘gemuetlich’ manner.

I feel I should warn you though the ‘ring’ is more additive than nicotine, aint that right Andre ;)

Paul.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Rupert/Guy/Blen.

Unfortunatly I'm being deprived of a anual hoilday this year, I'm having to make do with a series of long weekends.
I'd be interested in this trip at either the Augast or September date.
But I'd also like to know some of the potential logistics of the trip as I don't fancy kipping in the car parks of 5 star hotels.:rolleyes:

Basiclly I'd love to go but would like to know what I'm letting myself in for as I haven't got a blank check. If I did I'd have 2 weeks in the sun.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Blen

Assure you Scott I ain't got a blank cheque. I did but it's sitting on Mark and Tonys desk now :( :D .

Can't remember the costings for the Hotel/Tunnel/Ferry but Guy will have 'em. I think Guy knows the mileage we done as well so can probably work that out. I believe the Hotel had rooms where 3/4 can share so thats cool.

Oh also a few of us ventured out from the Hotel Restaurant one night and found a lovely Italian Restaurant down the road.

Snap mate re holidays. Went to Mexico in Feb and ain't doing nothing till December so the long weekend scenario is good for me as well.

I'm getting excited now :D .

glen

ps. Am sure the ferry is cheaper and we can all meet up in France if we choose different ways across.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The Trip!

Dependant on the date I to could be interested in the trip.

Just got to see whats happeneing regarding my wifes slipped disc! :eek: If its an operation then I will be a house husband for the next 2 months!

...Ian

1 - 20 of 179 Posts