GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With less than a month to go to the 24h race I think we should get talking on this subject.

There seemed to be quite a bit of interest on the thread Shin opened, but nothing has recently been said/organised.

I know a few people will be making the trip over, and I've already had offers for lifts(cheers guys:) ). We should try to make this a memorable event for all that wll be making it down to Germany ...so lets get chatting!

The race week-end kicks off on the 31st of May, and Shin has asked people to stay untill Monday the 3rd of June.

I'll be in the UK from the 25th onwards...so I hope to see as many of you guys as possible!

:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nuerburgring

Dino,

I’ve just got of the phone with Robert Brungs (the German Nismo engineer) I asked him about the arrangements for that weekend (before I read this post) and the situation so far is that hotels are down to the each person to make their own arrangements however, I can help people out if they need it. Some GTR register members I know will be staying in Koblenz a nice town on the Rhine just 40mins from the circuit.

Parking, he is working with a friend from the German press and AVD, for exclusive Skyline parking, should have more info on that later next week although parking is not really a problem.

Tickets, he can get ‘a handful of tickets’ but we need to know how many. I would like to be able to give him an idea by Thursday May 9 when we are meeting up for some ‘testing’ on my car at Hockenheim. :smokin:

As to Monday June 3, the ‘Nismo parts’ should arrive on May 22. If all goes to plan we should all have a great time. ;)

One last thing we’ve all been invited to a barbeque after the race a good chance to meet the Nismo team. :)

Paul.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for all the info Paul.

I sorted my accomodation out already months ago, I'll be staying with a mate that lives close to the ring.

How is everybody else on this one though?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Latest 24hr race info

Dino,

I Know that at least 3 R34 owners and myself will be there staying in Koblenz, I’ll most likely stay in a pension (guesthouse) with the Nismo guys though.

Some useful info about the weekend events at http://www.24h-rennen.de/index.php4?language=en

Tickets aren’t very expensive from €20 to €36 each and if anyone needs accommodation let me know and I’ll see what I can do (a lot of my friends that have been before recommend camping).

We’re still looking good for a barbeque with the Nismo team.

Sadly this is the least time Nismo will be running R34 GT-R’s in an international race at least with RB26-DETT engines so it’ll be a big party anyway.

If you’ve never seen a Nismo Skyline GT-R race before this is your last chance ever.

Shin should be back from Japan on May 22, I hope he’ll have some info for his plans for June 3.

Paul.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Paul,

Looks like I'm meeting up Shin at Nismo on sat...so we'll have a chat about this ring trip.

BBQ is on the Monday right?

dino

·
Registered
395 Posts
24 hours of Skylines at the 'Ring"

I’m headed for the 'ring' Friday, I know Shin, will be there and some others will be on their way.

Is anyone else going to try and make this landmark event in Skyline GT-R racing history?

Paul.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts