GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in taking a group trip to the Nurburgring?

We could meet at Dover and go from there, perhaps make it a long weekend.

I am trying to get in the business of developing road trips but really just want to test the water and see how many would be interested in going, and at what price/level of luxury etc.

I have contacts that could set us up at 5* hotel near the 'ring, or we could take a cheaper option. I could also possibly arrange ring taxis and a couple of racing drivers to accompany us there, and get some cheap tuition, which is always beneficial as I am sure you know.

I was planning on going there myself and staying in Cologne on 19th March, nice hotel for 3 nights around 1500 pounds, cheaper option is around 900-1000 pounds all in for the 3 nights. I am sure we could get either more or less luxury depending on peoples budgets etc.

Anyone interested? Would love to make this a club trip and develop ideas of how to move it forward as a concept following this.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Join the GTROC club.

We usually tour 2 /3 times a year to the ring as well as other trips around the place

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah cool have you been? what is the format?

I know some clubs do a very cheap weekend camping barbequeing etc, and when I have proposed a slightly more 'civilised' approach some people love it some people dont see the need, but surely there are enough people here interested in coming that would warrant a couple more fun excusions out there?

How much does it cost roughly?

·
Registered
248 Posts
We normally stay at the Tiergarten if they have spaces (owned by Sabine Schmidt's family) - it's just down the road from the entrance and the hotel's Pistenklause restaurant serves the legendary steak on a stone, as well as having tons of racing paraphenalia strewn about the place.

As for the 'Ring Taxi, good luck with that! They have a weird system which means you first have to buy a ticket, then book which date you'd like to redeem it on, but they're currently sold out of tickets til April anyway! Also, tuition on the 'Ring is not officially allowed I think, so unless you've got some friends there to pull some strings, you might not be able to do these things.

We're off to the 'Ring and Spa on a triple club track day with the GTROC in May anyway...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts