GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me.... I had to take my 33 out at the weekend, roads were wet and a good dose of salt had been put down. Returned home late about 10pm at which point I felt the need to wash the entire car down undeside as well. The neighbour just gave me a strange look. Anyone else showing signs of OCB with their cars ? Car parks are another story...

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
10pm....good effort :)

Yeeeeep ! I dont normally take mine out in the wet but as we were going to GTR meeting at Robin Hood yesterday I thought I should make the effort and take the GTR.

Car was filthy when I got home (road to the pub is very muddy) so I was out in the dark about 5-6pm giving her a quick wash and scrubbing all the mud from underneath etc.

Hey...I've even been known to jack the fooker up, take the wheels off and get under the arches, suspension, brakes with a brush when I'm giving it a proper clean :runaway:

Yeah I know I need help :flame:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I wipe my car down daily, as dust accumulates. Windows get done every other day, tires and wheels twice a week. Fresh rags every time. I'll drive the car in any kind of weather and it gets driven every single day without fail. Just can't bear to leave it in a mess.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I do the rags thing, get thru loads.
Wheels off quit orten to WD40 dampers suspension diffs.
Does anyone else diagonally park across two spaces in the supermarket carpark? Always creates a reaction from the public even tho its on the far side of the site :chuckle: .

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Yep I do the rags thing too :)

I do sometimes park across 2 spaces in my Lexus SUV (again even though its on the far end of the car park where it's quiet and lots of spaces available).

Much to the annoyance of some people....had two old dears shout and scream at me for doing it in B&Q (there was tons of other spaces available), I then watched them drive to another parking space, inbetween two other cars and both of them opened their doors straight onto the cars next to them...BANG !

They then walked past me and I said 'That's why I parked across two spaces so people like you dont smash the sides of my brand new car in'

Plus I'm a 4x4 driver so I own the road....naturally ;) hehehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.