GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my r32 gtr accoasionaly just has no go in it at all and when it happens it sounds like the timing is out, exhuast makes more noise and pops a bit but everything else is spot on, when i put my foot down the turbos boost to full engine runs fine but there is no go in the car and the revs rise very very slowly.

im assuming its electrical because if i pull over turn car off and on again everything is back to normal..
it only happens very occasionaly tho like once every 70 miles, i was thinking CAS??

any other opinions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
have you fixed it? :) because i get exactly the same thing. it also wanted to stall when it did this, but replaced a faulty AFM which fixed that issue.

but for what your saying, it does this when it is first turned on in the morning, and then also when i have been driving driving above 80kph for a while.. like when the oil heats up enough.. then its a pain, pops etc doesnt smoothly accelerate, feels like crap. turn it off and back on and it usually runs fine for a while. its pretty random

·
Registered
4 Posts
It has still been a pain when cold.. found out it also has a few injector collars that are split. creating a vacuum leak and letting unmetered air pass through and leaking boost.. is a pain until they warm up to seal better, still not perfect and when driving with light throttle

replaced now everything is awesome.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not fixed mine yet and its got worse it seems now like its doing it all the time but not as bad as when it was sometimes doing it. its going into the garage soon to be looked at, as they have another 32 with same problem, mines never missfired but it flames loads now.

the exhuast fumes smell very strong and has a burning kind of smell im 90% sure mines a timing issue as the ignition degrees are not right and when this was happening randomly they shot to 1 or 2 on anymore than that 10% throttle.

so im thinking knock sensors first and then possibly the CAS

·
Registered
51 Posts
Id be very interested to hear how you got on with this mirage as im having a similar problem (so far have changed Plugs, Packs, AFMs) its booked into abbey 8th-9th March as i have a faulty knock sensor according to consult so im hoping thats whats giving me the probs!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well the Knock sensors are now sorted and the ECU is giving the all clear albeit i had to change another AFM as one failed while abbey had it!

Still got a very slight hesitation when cold but i think its down to fuelling, gonna try a set of plugs as i have been advised by Abbey that they have had trouble with the Denso Iridiums which i fitted in November just about the time this sort of started! will report back with any info

Ive also just bought myself a copy of Nissan Datascan and a USB - ODB cable so hopefully with a bit of logging i might be able to highlight it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.