GTR Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Oops too much grog again

Sorry Durzel,

Always helpd to read the htreads before you reply:D

As Jon has so clearly pointed out. Out of ignorance I ran my car on normal unleaded for a year. Then, to add insult to injury, I had the cambelt changed (Badly - I'll name nae names), and if that wasn't bad enough I had the car "Chipped" by a dodgy tuner. The story ends with a 5/6 piston terminal det and a very nice engine rebuild;) .

The moral of the story is that Nissan build good, Stuart chose bad:D . But hey I got a complete rebuilt out of it.

If you'vr got a standard car, and run SUL then you've got nae worries at all.

The question is...why is your car standard? SORT IT OUT!!

as very pssiedd Stu...but hery life s too shory

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oh Yes!!!!

Thanks dingy for the site posting above. I found the link to St Albans Car Clinic which is closest to me. So I took a trip up there this afternoon. I bought 2 bottles of NF.
On the way back I filled up with Optimax and added probably about 2ml/litre. All I can say is JEEEEZZZUZZZZ (pardon my hebrew)
Half a mile down the road and I could feel the difference!!! Superb throttle response, smoother running and a much angrier exhaust note. I can only liken my car to a slightly docile lion that has been injected with a litre of testosterone and then slapped in the mouth with a baseball bat........ANGRY
As you can probably tell I'm quite pleased, and will definitely be using it at Bedford later this month. (probably full strength 5ml/litre)........That should be interesting
What experiences have others had??????
wroestar.....the lion slapper
:D :D :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
American Fuel, I'm Screwed

I know this thread is old, but what about when the fuel where you live the best fuel is at best 91RON + 10% Ethenol?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
you can map your car to match the fuel. Or go the toluene route. NF Octane booster sounds good also but I've never used it.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Since this thread been revived from the dead from 2002...

What is the current best octane booster to buy? Anyone got anything they can recommand. Thanks... :smokin:

41 - 47 of 47 Posts