GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need some help. I'm trying to know if the BNR32 at the factory had a straight-pipe free flow exhaust ??

Would you have, here in UK, any documentation about that?

Thanks for the big help!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
nope. cat plus two muffler boxes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So those pictures are not true?

And to prove that this exhaust is the OEM one, take a look at the Nissan Skyline GTR owner manual: Exact same thing

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
that's a stock exhaust all right. I count (1) catalytic converter and (2) muffler boxes. That's three flow restrictions and the two muffler boxes are pretty significant. Therefore not a straight free-flow pipe.

Free-flow pipe is what's on my car. 4" wide open pipe, no boxes, no cat, just a couple of mild bends, to the 4.5" cannon tip. Over 3000rpm, you can't talk to a passenger without significantly raising your voice. Stock = quiet, polite, and 100% legal....and chokes off about 30-50bhp from the stock engine.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I only recognized it because I've built models of the R32 in 1:24, 1:18, and 1:12! Never seen one in person :p

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong but I think the OP means something else.

I think he's asking whether the original sysytem is of 'straight through design' rather than a straight bit of pipe with nothing else.

IMHO the answer is yes, it IS of straight-through design with no major baffles. Most OEM exhaust systems employ a silencer/baffle like this...

which as you can see is not straight through. This is a lot more power sapping than a proper straight through design such as this....

You can see clearly that with the second silencer, the gas flows straight and is not having to cut across baffles as in the first.

TT

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Probably a good point, but any box/cat etc. will sap power compared to a straight pipe anyway.

·
Registered
736 Posts
lol... thats actually a picture of the OEM exhaust that came off my car... lol

yes my car did come 100% stock.

and cobrAA im glad to see you trying to help us all fight the law but we're right! and we know we are, when i get my court date ill keep everyone updated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts