GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im coming upto to 3years ownership. In that time ive done 8.5k miles. No track days, all road miles withgood percentage of spirited drives.

Does anyone know how long the brakes hold up with this type of driving, forgot to ask on last service, and with 36monther coming plus a few litchfield upgrades didnt want a surprise 3k jumping out the woodwork too.

PS my Dunlops are just ready for changing at 8.5k

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
8K for mine, however killed them under extreme conditions (VMAX) & swapped out for DBA Discs & Pagid RS29 pads. Never looked back after that as the setup was epic on the road & track:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine was still on originals at 28,0000 miles. Some pod runs and vmax done also.

Just don't use them and your fine :cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Changed the front discs and pads on mine at 18 months and 16k for AP discs and carbonetic c-spec pads.

OEM discs were cracking!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Hmmm....mine lasted 4.5k....discs cracked real bad and pads literally fell apart :runaway:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi,
Im coming upto to 3years ownership. In that time ive done 8.5k miles. No track days, all road miles withgood percentage of spirited drives.

Does anyone know how long the brakes hold up with this type of driving, forgot to ask on last service, and with 36monther coming plus a few litchfield upgrades didnt want a surprise 3k jumping out the woodwork too.

PS my Dunlops are just ready for changing at 8.5k
Mine still going strong at 11,700 only 1 track day so far.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Don't know - upgraed to the Alcon BBK as I knew the brakes were the weak point of the GTR

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Don't know - upgraed to the Alcon BBK as I knew the brakes were the weak point of the GTR
Christ I must not be driving mine hard enough, I always thought the brakes were good lol

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
TBH, the standard brakes are goo for fast road use but were always suspect to cracking as they were drilled. I do a lot of track work and wanted the best from the start, so changed the OEM brakes after about 3k miles

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
15K done, only 1 track day, front discs are cracking and pretty much started at about 9K, enough pad meat left by the looks of it (tbc) to scrub them at the Ring for 3 days and get home, then in for service, Alcon front rotors and yet tbd (prob pagid's) pads all round.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts