GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question... would you know if the rb26dett on a BNR32 has an oem boost limiter aside from the restrictor tube? is there a boost limiter that is electronically controlled? if there is, how does it limit the boost? ... through fuel cut or through ignition cut? also how do i take it out?

reason i'm asking is i get a sort "misfire" at high rpm (7000++pms)... my car runs on a mines box with a piggyback emanage now... i also noticed that the "misfire" occurs at around 1bar or a little above 1bar of boost.... i'm wondering if this is a limiter that comes out with the high boost/rpm.... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
No, Just the restictor.

You have some other issues, either Plug gap, coil packs, coil cables, AFMs.....Or the computer/piggy back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sub boy. i'll look into that... coilpack loom is bnew now (c/o daryl @tunerlab.jp) here's another quirk:

My rb-26dett doesn't seem to want to run on cold plugs... if i use ngk7s or denso8s the plugs get toasted pretty quickly... what plug gaps do you guys use?... i am currently running on ngk6s...

next move: since the whole exhaust side has been taken down and re-installed properly, i'm taking down the whole intake side... also do you guys know where i can find the turbo vacuum system diagram? or does anyone have a pic or diagram of how the vacuum hoses are fitted correctly using a manual boost controller (as a replacement for the oem boost solenoid actuator)? pics would be great....

thanks guys :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts