GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Hi guys can anyone on here supply me with a reverse camera?

I am after the one that shows the guides on screen as shown here: Rear Camera Kit US2011+ & EU SatNav - Car Kit Company

My car is a 2008 JDM. I will need full clear instructions on how to install it as I am a total noob

Thanks guys

Dunc1n
I have the same camera kit fitted by Litchfield, they can supply and fit it for you and it takes a couple of hours, but it is a long way from Aberdeen...

From memory its not that complicated and I also remember the kit came with full installation instructions too. I was there for a service anyway so just too lazy to do it myself.

I would just double check that this kit can be retro fitted to a JDM model e.g. the appropriate connectors and screen are in place.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I did mine. Took 3 hours.
Supplied instructions are perfect, just be slow and sure.

·
Running 1308BHP @ hubs
293 Posts
I could be wrong here but I am pretty sure this kit will only work on models that have navigation feature, the parking lines are programable from the unit and the kit contains all the instructions you need. The 2009/10 US model kit might be what you need for a 2008JDM model but I would check with Brian first for compatability.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys.

When you say to check with brian first........ who is Brian? haha, sorry.

So does anybody know where I can buy this kit in the UK???

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Ok thanks guys.

When you say to check with brian first........ who is Brian? haha, sorry.

So does anybody know where I can buy this kit in the UK???

Cheers
Brian owns the Car Kit Company in the US and many of us have cameras from him on our cars. The camera quality I find is very good!

You can buy his kit directly from him in the US

Car Kit Company

or via Litchfield in the UK Litchfield - Contact Us - Litchfield Motors

HOWEVER before you do anything I would e-mail Brian to ask him if his kit will fit a 2008 JDM GTR. It may not.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Brian does a US or a UK kit. He is more aware of the different model types of GT-R across the world than anyone else I've researched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts