GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always reluctant to start a new job on a new car without knowing the possible outcome.
So, as I would like to change my standard steering wheel for something different, can I buy off the shelf (or ebay for that matter) and will it fit with no probs. Or, do I have to buy specifically for the car. I am assumng the latter, in which case could someone point me in the direction of the best (most choice) supplier please.
1992 R32 GTR, btw.
Thanks chaps & chapesses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a tenzo r , snap off jobbie on my r32 but be careful. ever since i put it on i get a HICAS warning light on long motorway trips.

Have checked fluid levels etc and all ok. must be a sensor or something in original wheel

·
Registered
597 Posts
if you have the std wheel, you will need to get a hicas boss (will have cutouts for hicas grubbins), these will normally be universal and have two sets of 6 screw holes to take either MOMO or Personal/Nardi type steering wheels.

Best to source the boss then any aftermarket wheels will fit to it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
momo race for me

can't beat them...
with a nismo boss to sort out the hicas..
:chuckle:

·
Registered
25 Posts
can't beat them...
with a nismo boss to sort out the hicas..
:chuckle:
Hi
Think I have the same wheel as you - got a boss for the hicas too - just plucking up the courage the do the job - any advice, apart from keeping the wheel dead straight when fitting so as not to jog the hicas sensor.

Do you take off the indicator/lights cowling?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe that it is wise to disconnect the battery as well.

·
Registered
663 Posts
for the R 32 with no air bag you dont relly need to, but must make sure the wheel is stright when you remove it. also best use a Nismo hub as its a direct fit but watch out as only personal/ Nardi wheels will fit the Nismo hub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts