GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha ha, not actually as the name would suggest, but at long last I can say i've finally got rid of the skyline as she was costing me too much money. Now I have a starlet GT Turbo (model before the glanza - which I hate!!). This is where you will all hate me, and I know its shocking to say, but i actually prefer driving the starlet to the Skyline, a lot more fun and some ridiculous torque steer to boot, alot quicker than i thought it would be!!

But having said that I aint ever driven a GTR, but if I'd owned one i doubt i would have ever sold it regardless of how much it cost me!!

Nice little motor though, got Cusco front and rear strut brace, cusco front lower strut brace, cusco anti roll bars, and what looks like Bee-R Suspension, i'm pretty certain.
Engine mods relatively minor, uprated twin core intercooler, blitz air filter and not only that but a lovely burbly exhaust, nae sure what make yet, but it does have the jap JASMA detail embossed into the bottom of it!

Oh also some lovely black with red band ENKEI alloys.

Nice and fun!!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Nice that you prefer the Starlet over a Skyline,i don´t want to have a starlet,not if you give it for free to me,no thanks:sadwavey:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EvolutionVI said:
Nice that you prefer the Starlet over a Skyline,i don´t want to have a starlet,not if you give it for free to me,no thanks:sadwavey:
Not what I said at all, I would have a GTR in a flash, but the GTS-T aint worth all that hassel, maybe you particularly dont like the starlet, which is a nice car in its own right, but i'm not being arrogant, at least i've admitted I cant afford to run one, sorry we cant all have as much money as yourself.:blahblah:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Used to own a Starlet GT Turbo (1991)

Good little car, amazingly reliable when you don't try to run a bar through the tiny turbo!!

Was fairly fast once it got going, so light it nearly always struggled for traction....

Enjoy, the fuel economy you get out of the 1.3 is a little ray of sunshine :)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
My mate has one and loves it but like said it spins it's wheels everywhere :chuckle: .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Offence to Skyline Owners

You own a Skyline GT-R for a) its tune-ability b) its road holding c)the excellent power and performance which can be achieved d) its racing achievements e) its a legend and finally they are a real thrill and honour to drive and own. Thats what I feel about Skylines Guys.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Nothing wrong with GTS-T - there's a few on here that p!ss all over standard GTR's. I never understand why people think GTS's are so inferior:mad: .

Admittedly standard v standard there is a difference, but having said that the price reflects it and with pure rear wheel drive, it is a different car altogether - depends on your needs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMS said:
Nothing wrong with GTS-T - there's a few on here that p!ss all over standard GTR's. I never understand why people think GTS's are so inferior:mad: .

Admittedly standard v standard there is a difference, but having said that the price reflects it and with pure rear wheel drive, it is a different car altogether - depends on your needs.

Thanks for all the nice words folks, dont get me wrong, i'd rather have a skyline anyday whether it was a GTS-T or a GTR, change of job just wont allow the expense of running it for the time being! I think my problem with the GTS-T is that i'm crap at driving RWD!!!!!:) In the wet even with fat sticky tyres, it likes to kick its **** out, after almost wiping out myself and anyone within 20 feet of me in the wet, i think FWD or 4WD suits me better|!!

But your right about the starlet, by god does it torque steer, actually feels a bit unruly when pulling out to overtake!!:clap:

·
Registered
706 Posts
i used to have one of those starlet turbos..ep82...lovely little cars....it was relatively quick and so cheap to run....must have been near 180-190bhp my one..had hybrid turbo along with a few other goodies etc on it....all the best with it mate....theyve got a quality forum...toyotagtturbo.com....top lads on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get another starlet 1.3 turbo, join the engines together and u ll get a ... GTR!!!
How is it possible to sell the Skyline and buy a Starlet? How could your heart do such a thing? Its like... God knows what!!! :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts