GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These have just been supplied to me today, direct from Nissan GB.

Note these are the specs for the Euro cars and do not necessary replicate what the Spec will be for either JDM or US cars.

Updated GT-R for Europe

From the 2009 Tokyo Motor show a press release was given out to the media relating to the 2010MY GT-R which was applicable to the Japanese market. This has caused some confusion with European customers as some of the changes were not applicable to our European version.

Below are the changes that apply to the European version which goes into production from December

Engine and Transmission

• Emissions become Euro 5 compliant, without loss of output or performance

• C02 emission reduced by 3g to 295g/km

• Gearbox logic has been changed to give a later downshift from 6th to 5th when being driven in automatic mode, but a more aggressive downshift pattern is adopted when changing down from 4th to 3rd, and from 3rd to 2nd gear

• Two additional NACA cooling ducts have been added to the carbon fibre underfloor diffuser which will provide additional cooling to the exhaust and gearbox.

• A new, larger diameter pipe connecting the oil cooler will reduce gearbox temperatures

• Front transmission mount has been stiffened to reduce vibration through the driveline under high-load conditions

• The logic controlling torque distribution between the front and rear axles when the GT-R is manoeuvring at low speeds just after start-up, when fluids are cold, has been altered to reduce rear-axle ‘binding’

Braking System

• The rear brake cross spring has a change in design to reduce noise

• A modified air deflector increases rear brake cooling

• Balance of the electronic brakeforce distribution bias has been moved slightly rearwards, giving greater braking stability in dry conditions

Suspension

• Front spring and damper rates adjusted to improve the ride comfort. Handling becomes even more dynamic thanks to improved responsiveness and more accurate control of suspension movements

• Rear suspension radius rod bushings has been stiffened giving an improved feel and responsiveness during cornering
Exterior

• Front and rear bumpers now benefit from a double coat of clear paint, giving a deeper colour finish
Interior

• The speedometer and rev counter now sport a gun metallic finish surrounds

• Uprated insulation has been fitted to the rear seats, further improving cabin refinement

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
wonder if the software mods will be available as a reflash
That's a good question.

I would also like to think these mods are a simple retrofit too:

Two additional NACA cooling ducts have been added to the carbon fibre underfloor diffuser which will provide additional cooling to the exhaust and gearbox.

A new, larger diameter pipe connecting the oil cooler will reduce gearbox temperatures

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Guy

Is there anyway to establish whether the modifications that are software related (ie gearboxes) will be updated onto existing cars at service time?

Additionally, are there plans to retro-fit the cooling changes (which must be as a result of unacceptable temps)?

D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Naca cooling ducts and larger diameter oil pipe for TM cooler is of interest.

I am sure Nissan will upgrade the software through the life of the car, like BMW M series etc.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Thanks for the info Guy.

Ditto many of the comments above. It should be relatively easy to retrofit the NACA ducts and larger diameter pipe.
Personally, I don't care because Willall fluid seems good to any temp! :p

I'd be interested in the EBD change though. Modern cars always overtax the front brakes.
Interesting they've added a deflector to aid cooling to the rear brakes that have never had an issue AFAIK, but not the front ones where discs crack after 3000 miles!

However it is good to see that Nissan are constantly developing and improving the car in increments.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
David

Perhaps the brake balance adjustment towards the rear is the fix for the fronts problem?

D
It could help a bit, but ultimately there is no real issue with the front brakes, Nissan should just have resisted marketing pressure to specify cross-drilled discs. Grooved ones should last an acceptable period.

For those of us who do regular track days, no stock brake set up will ever be good enough on a 1740kg car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
'Front and rear bumpers now benefit from a double coat of clear paint, giving a deeper colour finish'

Does this mean my magnolia ones shoud match the white of the rest of the car . . .

·
Registered
202 Posts
so all the GT-R's shipped from dec'09 are the MY10 one's?

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
so all the GT-R's shipped from dec'09 are the MY10 one's?

No I suspect the 2010 cars go into production in 2010 so if you are expecting delivery in early 2010 you may get the "older" model given production of that car would have started in late 2009.

Below are the changes that apply to the European version which goes into production from December

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
However it is good to see that Nissan are constantly developing and improving the car in increments.
Its shocking that after 3 years they still need to develop....:nervous:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts