61 - 80 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Like some bits but not others

A carbon roof, bonnet and ceramic breaks would have been great.

Need to tone down the CF on the rear it looks a bit busy...

Does the external red trim light up in the dark Fast and Furious style LOL

Shame no performance figures 0-60 etc Is this different to the launches of previous incarnations? (unless they are out and I've missed them)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Im sorry to say, i think Nissan have lost the plot. Remember in 09, when the first cars arrived, and chaps were so excited, because it was £55k, and could out perform a 911 Turbo, the order books were full. I just dont see their order books being full for this Nismo. The regular GT-R is by far the better buy. There is a MY2013 with 400 miles at a main dealers for around £65k, so if the rumoured price of £130k is true, you could buy it twice.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
It's an exclusivity thing. Nismo GT-Rs were never built in big numbers.
And some of the badge snobs might buy one because it's so much more than the standard one!

Personally I love it. Certainly better value than the ludicrously priced Spec-V. Don't forget, that was £125k and offered no more power and barely any different body bits.

Mind you, I'm also surprised CCM brakes aren't part of the package. Maybe they're a crazily expensive option? Surely the Williams version should have them.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Im sorry to say, i think Nissan have lost the plot. Remember in 09, when the first cars arrived, and chaps were so excited, because it was £55k, and could out perform a 911 Turbo, the order books were full. I just dont see their order books being full for this Nismo. The regular GT-R is by far the better buy. There is a MY2013 with 400 miles at a main dealers for around £65k, so if the rumoured price of £130k is true, you could buy it twice.
The order books haven't been full for a while. I can't see Nissan selling many if any of these without a sizeable discount. Im happy they have lost the plot on the pricing though because it means my (59) is going to increase in value lol. The longer i keep it, the better value a purchase it seems to have been. Totally stagnant residual in 12 months.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
On the NISMO car, they were bragging about 2.0 dead 0-60, which I said all along was b*ll*cks.
To be fair it was the motoring press saying that.
In every interview Nissan said that's not possible.

-----------------

I was hoping for carbon brakes and toning down that rear bumper a bit.
Other than that, if it's got 4 seats I think it's great.

I modded mine to 600bhp with big brakes and aftermarket suspension and it felt a lot more sorted over a stock car.
This is like that, but better, with a nicer interior/seats and the rest of the styling (especially the front bumper/splitter) which I like a lot.

If it's the rumoured £124k it's tempting IMO, over getting a MY14 and then spending £20-£20k on it for the same spec.
Plus the weight saving.

Lets compare new to new here.

Comparing used to new is silly as it only factors in depreciation on once side.
If it's smiles per £££ you'd be better off in a Clio Sport. Sod buying a GT-R at all !!!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
If it's smiles per £££ you'd be better off in a Clio Sport. Sod buying a GT-R at all !!!
Very true.....have both and the Clio is a blast:thumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Commented lap by Krumm is great and I like the new aero and sculpted profile.
Not sure on the red highlights and not a fan of the headlights, but they probably do look better 'in the flesh'.

Who is the third development driver, he looks a lot like Colin!

Protegimus

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I ador it! I like the remnants of the previous model. Can't wait to see one in the flesh.
Get my head down time.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
The third driver is a top man with masses of history - Armin Hahne

Commented lap by Krumm is great and I like the new aero and sculpted profile.
Not sure on the red highlights and not a fan of the headlights, but they probably do look better 'in the flesh'.

Who is the third development driver, he looks a lot like Colin!

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
On the NISMO car, they were bragging about 2.0 dead 0-60, which I said all along was b*ll*cks.

Anyone know the 0-60 time yet?
Andy Palmer (and Nissan never gave that figure as far as I know) said he had heard that rumour and it was not that fast. 2.5s is about right as a decent guess. as soon as we know for sure we will be posting up. In the meantime official press releases and a PDF of interior and pictures are all up on GTROC ? GTR Owners Club - thanks to Nissan for supplying and as soon as we get pricing (within next two weeks) we will be amending and posting up.

61 - 80 of 192 Posts